[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you're slow at reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 350wpm.webm (1018 KB, 620x196) Image search: [Google]
350wpm.webm
1018 KB, 620x196
>tfw you're slow at reading
>>
I could do it fairly well, but I wouldn't read an entire book like that. You miss out on some details.
>>
>>7407186
I can do it if I don't subvocalize. Then of course tone and voice is lost. This is great for a trashy romance novel.
>>
>>7407191
but this is slow
>>
is 350 actually considered fast? while reading the OP's webm I felt like there was a huge break between each word. I read 650ish wpm when I'm reading articles and while I read books slower it's certainly far faster than that.
>>
>>7407210
This shit is slow? Jesus. I guess I'm a really slow reader.
>>
>>7407214
don't worry about the speed, worry about comprehension
>>
>>7407216
don't worry about comprehension, worry about enjoyment
>>
>>7407229
>worrying about enjoyment
>>
>tfw lower than 200 wpm because I use the dictionary so much even though I'm reading in my native language
>>
>>7407211
So you hold the beginning spine down and drop it to the side to read? Must be cool to retain things like that.
>>
File: 1446964710274.jpg (27 KB, 350x468) Image search: [Google]
1446964710274.jpg
27 KB, 350x468
>>7407229
>enjoyment
>>
>>7407211
Whatever you say Flash.
>>
>>7407229
>reading for enjoyment

Please, we only read to impress people on goodreads
>>
I feel like if I blink and miss one word none of it makes sense.
>>
350 wpm is fucking easy, apparently, I've never given enough of a shit to find out how fast I read

y'all need to read more, speed will pick up inevitably
>>
>>7407931
Why does speed matter?
>>
>>7408102
gotta go fast
>>
Serious question, is there a benefit to reading faster, besides being able to get through more books?

Like, does it force you to ignore the things that you're not interested in and only pick up on the parts that are most important to you, or something?
>>
>>7408102
it doesn't, I just have a lot of reading to do and a lot I want to do on top of that, do reading faster helps me in my particular circumstances
>>
>>7408190

No. In fact, from my own personal experience, I've found reading quickly to rob me of the life of a book. I can read over 900 WPM with great "rhythm" over the lines and still understand the book, but it never feels the same as when I narrate in my head.
>>
>>7407590
I only read in the vain hope that a cutie /lit/ girl starts a conversation with me
>>
>>7409487
modern /lit/, everyone
>>
You shouldn't feel bad for being a slow reader, you're in good company. Do you know who else was a slow reader? Ayn Rand.
>>
>>7409487

you should go back to /mu/
>>
>>7407186
Too fast for me
>>
>look guys i can read fast!!

good god
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.