[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That lucid moment when you'd be capable of consecrate your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 123.png (1 MB, 1296x533) Image search: [Google]
123.png
1 MB, 1296x533
That lucid moment when you'd be capable of consecrate your life to the daily living, following your ideals and desire of adventures, and the discovery of new horizons. But then you realize that you're just another guy who's living in a multicultural global world, and all the system is designed to use you as the workforce of particular interests.
>>
>>7403644
>and all the system is designed to use you as the workforce of particular interests.
And this design is successfully keeping you from following your ideals of adventure.
Why have you allowed this?

Stop whining.
>>
fuck off, go back to twitter you platitudinous cunt
>>
Ideals are for minorities.
>>
>>7403644
>ideals
Guess it wasn't such a lucid moment after all.
>>
>>7403644
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>7403644
It sucks mate, just get buff for the upcoming world war that will dissolve all this petty shit and get mankind back in action
>>
>I'm not a singular individual who can create the world around me according to my ideals
>instead I'm just a singular manifestation of the spirit of my community, which lives through me

Most people realize this around teenagehood.
>>
>>7404665
>upcoming world war
lmao
nothing is actually going to come out of recent events except meaningless political posturing and shitty,little proxy wars.
>>
>>7404681
This whole 'peace, acceptance and self-righteousness' ideology (together with the most depraved consumerism of course) of the west, instead of actually bringing about some kind of actual ideal world is really just making every big nation a passive-aggressive bitch who makes other people fight for them.
>>
>>7404675
That's not true necessarily. Have fun with your blue-collar fatalism though; you'll need it to live with yourself.

I'm not saying everyone can be a world-conquering hero, but plenty of people come to values they weren't raised with. Others would say that you can at least perceive the world in a more productive way than your community suggests, if not shape it.
>>
>>7404690
Yeah, I agree. It's just we'll most likely be old men before the tide turns and something actually happens so people stop vegetating in luxury and actually have something to direct their efforts toward.
>>
>>7404692
No fatalism, what I argue for is that to change the community you don't become more introspect and go full navel-gazing into any ideal abstract world, but you have to actively become the community itself, in some way or another. Or even better: there is no static, fixed 'community' per se, only a continuous substance of individuals recognizing each other and sacrificing their singularity for the other.
>>
>>7404681
Little Sheldon, put down the ironic drug literatuire and the Xbox controller and read some Alexsandr Dugin. Your world will not last forever.
>>
>>7404786
There's been so many times shit like Turkey destroying Russian planes has happened but nothing came out of it and everyone forgot about it a few weeks later, until the next 'happening' which they'll parade around as WW3 starting.

It's like the Russia-Ukraine shit, everyone was blowing up over that but nothing came out of it, really.
>>
>>7404805
On the other hand, people have also always said 'nothing is going to happen like every other time' when shit did really happen.
>>
>>7405268
Except the majority of the time, nothing happened.
There is no point in worrying about the millions of times something could happen.
>>
>>7405271
Unless you derive pleasure from it, like most happening fags.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.