[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Right so, get this. One day this guy wakes up and he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Kafka.jpg (75 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
Kafka.jpg
75 KB, 495x660
>Right so, get this. One day this guy wakes up and he's a bug.
>...okay...so then what happens?
>Oh you know, he's just sort of being a bug for the rest of the story, and then he dies.
>>
Kafka, the absolute madman.
>>
File: 26-dfw.nocrop.w529.h736.jpg (150 KB, 529x692) Image search: [Google]
26-dfw.nocrop.w529.h736.jpg
150 KB, 529x692
>Alright Mr. Wallace, pitch it to me.
>It's about these young tennis players, and some drug addicts and this magic movie that turns up every now and then.
>Oh okay, we've actually been looking for some short stories to publish, you can type it up in a month right?
>S-s-sure, yeah, n-no problem
>>
File: haruki-murakami-descontexto.jpg (199 KB, 1500x953) Image search: [Google]
haruki-murakami-descontexto.jpg
199 KB, 1500x953
>I'm writing a novel
>Oh cool, what's it about?
>Well nothing really happens
>Right, um, isn't that not really wha-
>It's 900 pages
>>
DUDE REDUCTION LMAO
>>
>>7399810

it's funny because it sounds more like the movie pitching process being laughed at. But books have publishing themselves, so let me make one making fun of book publishing
>>
>>7399763
made me laugh
>>
has /lit/ ever made a successful attempt at humour?
>>
>12th September, 2008
>DFW enters the large, open room, sweating profusely
>He'd been preparing for this day for months now
>His finest bandana is expertly wrapped
>His flannel is pressed, pristine
>He sits, his posture consciously congruent to the shape of his hard chair
"A-alright, Jeeves, I think I'm finally ready to let you hear what I have of The Pale King"

We all know how it goes from there.
>>
>>7400191
What is with the meme of associating DFW with sweating?
>>
>>7400202
He actually sweat all the time

In high school he claimed he carried around a tennis racket so people would assume he was sweating from having just left the courts instead of for no reason.
>>
Is this thread actually shit or is it just me being a triggered lit major?
>>
>>7400215
It's just the epic reductionist meme thread. Somewhere around level four I think.
>>
>>7400211
>In high school he claimed he carried around a tennis racket so people would assume he was sweating from having just left the courts instead of for no reason.

holy shit this is priceless
>>
>>7399810
god I love this little chink. i've never even read any of his shit.
>>
Kafka asked for all his shit to be burned after he died. We weren't meant to read it.
>>
>>7400236
Thats only true for his unfinished works. Not for the metamorphosis.
>>
>>7400249
I'm a fucking bug, what do I know.
>>
>>7399763
How do people not immediately see that the metamorphosis is about state sponsored racism/ideological warfare, or more generally, the possibility in human society for one, through no fault nor action of one's own, to be suddenly seen by all one's family peers and oneself as transformed into tremendous vermin?
>>
>>7400287
Its about alienation from your family and friends due to you being different you dumb shit.
>>
>>7400191
>He sits, his posture consciously congruent to the shape of his hard chair
loel, this saved the post.
>>
>>7400298
Different in such a way as to make one be seen as vermin. A la the false pedophila accusation, you fucking kid touching bastard
>>
>>7400298
That's just a different iteration of what they're saying, dolt.
>>
>>7400322
That has nothing to do with state sponsored racist warfare. You're just pulling things out of your ass, you incompetent mouth breathing cunt.
>>
>>7400351
It was published a year after ww1 started. Umad.
>>
>>7400298
Not just being different, but being unprofitable. If you're not useful to others in some way you might as well not be human.
>>
Do you ever feel like a cockroach when you're twiddling your fingers away on a keyboard? What if you had to do that all day every day?
>>
>>7400377
2bh I don't. I don't dislike insects, if I see a cockroach I let it go unless it's invading my space, or if there's a spider in the shower I take it out so it doesn't drown. I mostly found the descriptions of Gregor's body and habits cute.
>>
>>7400372
this
i had to think about depressed people and old people in nursery homes the whole time i read it.
>>
>>7400387
I'm guessing you would rather be a human.
>>
>>7400287
Didn't Freud wreck you faggots already?
>>
Metamorphosis must be a best seller in Turkey
>>
File: vlcsnap-00003.png (658 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00003.png
658 KB, 853x480
>>7399763
>Ay, Ton', you won't fuckin' believe the shit I had to deal with today.
>I go downstairs and try to mack on my landlord, only to figure out that there's no one in the whole house but these 2 guys that want to take me in for questioning for something that they won't even tell me what it is
>So I bust a cap in their asses and call up Paulie to help me get rid of the stiffs, and in the meantime I can't wrap my fuckin' head around this shit, it's almost as if there's some kind of Trial I should be going to, but I'm not because I'm not a weak-ass pussy eater and I take control of my destiny.
>>
>>7400287
It's about his feelings of discovering his Jewish identity. I'm not even kidding. His father rejected Kafka's love of eastern Judaism, even though he was a Jew himself. The thing here is that he preferred the sanitary "Czech-ified" version of being Jewish. Franz, however, fell in love with the Eastern European orthodox manner.
>>
File: 578_original.jpg (226 KB, 457x563) Image search: [Google]
578_original.jpg
226 KB, 457x563
>I'm writing. Again.
>You're drunk Hemingway
>It's Hemmingway, babyshoes.
>Well
>It's about an old man. And the sea.
>How's it called?
>>
>>7400428
I don't get it senpai. Der Process and ?
>>
>>7400202
>>7400211
>>7400228

the bandana started with this too
>>
>>7401839
A character in the pale king was a sweater. Inspired by DFW. There was a scene where David Foster Wallace was sitting next to the sweaty guy and got sweat all over him. If I remember correctly the DFW in pale king doesn't sweat.
>>
>>7399763

You got Jewed.
>>
>>7399763
The metamorphosis is referring to the change his family has to go through.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.