[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of your favorite podcasts /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: sysk.jpg (403 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
sysk.jpg
403 KB, 1600x1600
What are some of your favorite podcasts /lit/?
>>
>>7399245
The Unexamined Life

Harcore History

Almost anything by BBC 4
>>
>>7399283
I like bbc4s in our time philosophy
>>
The Partially Examined Life
This American Life
The Biggest Problem in the Universe
>>
>>7399245
SYSK is too leftist for me.

No Such Thing As A Fish is neato though.
Also the early seasons of The Chapter Titles Were So Good.
>>
>>7399245
I'm currently enjoying the History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps.

Also enjoyed George Mosse's lectures on European history, Rick Roderick's philosophy lectures, Sean Kelly's Secular And The Sacred, Donald Kagan on ancient Greece, and Borges on literature.
>>
>>7399535
Any recommended episodes of the Maddox podcast?

I rarely have time to listen to podcasts and the only one I do isn't relevant to this board, which is Videogamer. I sometimes listen to Travis Bickle on the Riviera which is a decent film podcast.
>>
>>7400014
Libritarian Theory
Unexpected Guests
Anything about Gender
Anything with Asterios
Anything where Dick goes on a verbal rampage.
>>
I listen to Joe Rogan but whenever the subjects of gender and 'PC culture' are broached, I have to skip ten or fifteen minutes ahead. I wish he would read like, one Judith Butler piece.
>>
>>7400178
Cheers, mate. Will try them later.
>>
>>7400181
Do you have any favourites by him? I can't remember what in particular, but I remember seeing videos of him doing radio interviews and it was obvious that most everything the guest speaker said went over his head. He seemed pretty idiotic to me.

But I believe in fair chances. Any topics or particular episodes you could point me to would be appreciated.
>>
>>7400212
He's at his best podcasting with his comedian friends (Duncan Trussell, Brian Redban, Joey Diaz), occasionally someone interesting will come in for an interview but there seems to be a small, self-aggrandizing pool of American podcast guests going around and desu those almost never get me going.

Rogan has done a few dozen LONG podcasts with Joey Diaz, another old-school comedian, and those are absolutely pandora's box, in a good way.

Rogan is unqualified as a journalist but he knows his way around a broadcast. It just depends on the chemistry. He doesn't mean any harm, he's just self-educated which is pretty risky in broadcasters.
>>
>>7400229
thanks! I'll look for something with Diaz
>>
>>7399245
Welcome to Nightvale

Fuck you guys it's 10/10
>>
>>7400235
Good place to start. Earlier is better. IMO, the first 100 are Joe learning how to podcast and 101-400 were the glory days. They're past 700 episodes now and it's kind of become an assembly line, but occasionally they still hit one out of the park.
>>
>>7399245
The Bone Zone. It's two grown adult men prank calling people and just generally being idiots. Really, really funny, you can find it on Soundcloud
>>
>>7400229
>He doesn't mean any harm, he's just self-educated which is pretty risky in broadcasters.
He doesn't take any risks though, he's literally Captain Obvious on pretty much every subject.

Also Nightvale and Stuff You Should Know - couldn't get into either
>>
>>7400279
Rogan's a comedian to the bones. He's not going to be writing a great work of nonfiction anytime soon, but talking is his entire craft and that's what I'm into. He has more stories than knowledge, I think.
>>
This American Life
The Partially Examined Life
Reveal
Criminal
In Our Time (though the production is fucking abysmal. maybe I'm a dumb americunt but some guests mumble so much I cannot understand what is being said)
Fresh Air can be good when Terry and crew aren't interviewing the flavor-of-the-month
To the Best of our Knowledge often covers /lit/-related topics but can be kind of hokey
On the Media is often good but leans incredibly left.
Sometimes I hate-listen to Pop Culture Happy Hour
>>
podcasts aren't literature
>>
>>7400381
>>>/journalism and broadcast/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.