[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, new here. I want to become more well read and an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dragoncuck.jpg (174 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
dragoncuck.jpg
174 KB, 500x704
Hey /lit/, new here.
I want to become more well read and an all around better person.

I read somewhere reading good prose helps you become more articulate and better spoken, so I've started reading Brief Interviews with Hideous Men.

I've read about three fourths of the recommended reading list as well. What should I read next?
>>
>>7398910
what's the "recommended reading list"
>>
>>7398918
>I've read about three fourths of the recommended reading list
Not too interested in reading American Psycho because an English teacher spent an entire period explaining why Bret Easton Ellis is a hack after someone mentioned the movie.
>>
Shakespeare. Reread one of the plays you read in high school (or didn't read).
>>
>>7398910
>all around better person.

you've come to the wrong place

/lit/'s recommended reading will leave you in a limbo between nihilism and existentialism
>>
>>7398922
Thanks. Reread Henry V and Titus Andronicus a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I'll check out more of his stuff.

>>7398924
I feel like everyone ends up there at some time or another. It's better to deal with it now than to lash out in strange, unpredictable ways in my middle ages.
>>
File: 1365389754405.png (416 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1365389754405.png
416 KB, 623x527
bump
>>
pumb
>>
If I were to drop acid is there a particular book I should read beforehand? I don't mean Huxley or something related to drug use, but a work that would fill my head with ideas that I could explore in an altered state of mind.
>>
>>7401994
You don't get acid, anon. The most profound book ain't shit when you're on acid. Put that shit under your tongue, put on some halfway decent music and ride the electric train that is LSD
>>
>>7398910
I don't think there's any book out there you can read that'll make you a better person. Books might inspire you, but in the end it's all talk if you don't change the way you live. If you want to be better read, check out this board a bit longer to get a sense of what books might interest you. You probably already have an idea of what books would make you well read, aka the classics of literature everyone knows. Maybe if you look up the classics that interest you you'll find something you'd like to read.
>>
>>7401994
The profound ideas will come from inside you.
I was tripping in a friends house and something about adventure time and someone wearing glasses gave me a deep insight into the ways people pretend to be something they aren't.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.