[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY AUSTRALIANS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: hot-for-teacher.jpg (45 KB, 273x300) Image search: [Google]
hot-for-teacher.jpg
45 KB, 273x300
Hey fellow Aussie /lit/fags. I'm going to transfer into Secondary Teaching, Majoring in Arts. Any of you out there in this line of work? I know it's not the most glamorous, but Australian teachers are some of the highest paid teachers in the world. Plus I love Literature, so being able to focus on that, but teaching at a high school level (ain't rocket science) would be good for me.

Also, the ability to travel overseas to South East Asian countries teaching English, or any other foreign country for that matter, greatly attracts me to the degree.

>Don't wanna do it my whole life anyway, just gunna write a post-modern epic on the side and live off all the pussy and fame when the time comes.

So, opinions? Aussie teacher opinions wanted. Or wherever the fuck you're from.
>>
kek
>life decisions
>>
>>7398071
I've also given it some thought purely for the economic security aspect of teaching. From what I understand you get in, join the union and from then on so long as you don't hit or molest a kid you've got a reasonably well paid job for the rest of your life.
I've been poor and it sucks arse, being a teacher might not be so bad.
>>
File: Wat_Pig_Destroyer.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wat_Pig_Destroyer.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
before you become a secondary school teacher, listen to every song This Is Serious Mum ever wrote. most of the guys in that band were secondary school teachers, and their hatred for teenagers drips from every note.

>Australian teachers are some of the highest paid teachers in the world

that's like saying "Australian homeless are some of the highest paid homeless in the world"

> Plus I love Literature, so being able to focus on that, but teaching at a high school level (ain't rocket science) would be good for me.

you know what? go for it. dive right in.

just don't say we didn't warn you.
>>
File: 1411927153474.jpg (58 KB, 600x671) Image search: [Google]
1411927153474.jpg
58 KB, 600x671
>>7398769
>I've been poor and it sucks arse, being a teacher might not be so bad.

You're still going to be poor, you'll just be over worked as well.
Your day starts an hour before school does and finishes 4 hours after class does, you'll at best have one decent pupil while teaching assholes the same shit they don't care about every year.
Coons and deros will make up shit about you behind your back, if you're ever found to be alone with any female student rumors will fill the teachers lounge for years to come.

Seriously do not under any circumstances get into a position where you are alone with a female student, nobody will believe you if you say you don't want to fuck any of them.
>>
>>7398953
>nobody will believe you if you say you don't want to fuck any of them.
kek
>>
>>7398955
I wish I was kidding.

One of my close friends is a secondary school teacher and he has to lie and say he teachers primary because any girl he talks to in a bar or even outside of one will immediately associate him with that one boner teacher they had in school.
>>
>>7398953
>>7398959
I had a teacher in high school that every girl wanted to fuck lmao
no doubt he had done it at some point
>>
Why would any male willingly enter a career working with children in this day and age? A single vindictive little shit can ruin your life.
>>
>>7399189
Not if you pretend to be a flaming homosexual who is into "daddies". Then the only ones that can get you are the older male teachers.
>>
>>7398071
>tfw went to some plushy english boarding school
>tfw all your professors were convinced you would fail
>nearly expelled for cyber-bullying staff, inappropriately huddling your rugby teacher, being drunk in chapel, being drunk in the library, being drunk in your girlfriends room, nearly caught doing MDMA in your school dance, performing in your school talent show and just throwing food at the teachers, booby trapping your dorm and actually harassing a midget spanish teacher between the ages of 13-16 (always taller than him as well, and used to go in early to set his clocks forward)
>do no work, just read and get top grades in all your final tests

What are the chances they would let me teach? It would be a pretty cozy place to write, and I think my English and Philosophy teachers didn't mind me.
>>
>>7399420

I was expelled from two schools and currently studying teaching. i don't know if universities will even look into your school behaviour record. Here in Australia all that counts for uni entrance is your final year 12 mark. I got a good mark and finished year 12 at a good school so the fact i was a complete shit in year eleven/ten and repeatedly got suspended/expelled had no impact.

I think you would be alright man, unless you have a criminal record or if universities in the UK will talk to your old school or something.
>>
>>7398946
yeah, high potential for sucking ass, but what doesn't, really?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.