[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of teenage J.K. Rowling's self-study list?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: rowling.jpg (145 KB, 550x929) Image search: [Google]
rowling.jpg
145 KB, 550x929
What does /lit/ think of teenage J.K. Rowling's self-study list?
>>
>>7397581
>Finnegan's
>>
entry level /lit/. hope she can read sanskrit.
>>
>>7397581
>inb4 "Why didn't she start with the Greeks?"
>>
Rather patrician. I'm surprised.
>>
>>7397581
>'s
Dumb Milf, lmao.
>>
>>7397581
the point of that list is remind her to read, not keep it as an ego fluffer at her bedside
>>
i can't tell if people are really this new and pleb or it's just piss-taking
>>
>>7397581
>.she became that popular and hasn't read any of these
>>7397604
that's why she decided to share it with the internet right? it's an ego fluffer
>>
>>7397613
Fandoms gouge for info.
>>
>>7397581
I thought her name was Joanne, and she only became J.K. when she published Harry Potter?
>>
>>7397613
>>.she became that popular and hasn't read any of these
This was her teenage reading list. She's in her 50s.
>>
>>7397581

This is Kerouac's list. Rowling probably hasn't read more than a few Shakespeare plays.

Besides, you shits, reading Dante and Shakespeare doesn't make you Dante or Shakespeare. Otherwise you guys would have some talent too.
>>
>>7397630
This.

Her initials were J R, she added the K in when they wanted to make her seem more unique for publishing.
>>
>>7397630
>>7397634
no shit dumbasses, we were playing a ruse on newfriends
>>
>>7397630
Assumed Wolfe was a misspelling of Virginia Woolf, but if it's Kerouac it must be Tom Wolfe.

Anyway Rowling did Classics at uni.
>>
>>7397647
Fucking up people's attempts at trolling is much more fun than just trolling. It's a very post-modern feel, I don't think you'd understand.
>>
>>7397630

>reading Dante and Shakespeare doesn't make you Dante or Shakespeare
You are parading your ignorance of even the most fundamental and essential aspects of the theology of Tlön:
>Nowadays, one of the churches of Tlön maintains platonically that such and such a pain, such and such a greenish-yellow color, such and such a temperature, such and such a sound etc., make up the only reality there is. All men, in the climactic instant of coitus, are the same man. All men who repeat one line of Shakespeare /are/ William Shakespeare.
>>
>>7397584
/thread
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.