[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, what are some books that'll make me look smart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1200.jpg (100 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
100 KB, 1200x675
Hey /lit/, what are some books that'll make me look smart?

I'm not actually gonna read them, I just want to put them up on my bookcase so I could give off the impression that I'm well-read and intelligent.

No cliches, please. I don't want anyone catching on to what I'm doing.
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>7397014
Women and Men by Joseph McElroy.
>>
>>7397014
Harry Potter
The Fault in Our Stars
Chicken Soup for the Soul
Atlas Shrugged
>>
File: The Stinker.jpg (170 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
The Stinker.jpg
170 KB, 356x500
The Greeks, Asian philosophers (Confucius, Lao Tzu etc) and anything in a foreign language

Make sure you get second-hand copies and stick bookmarks in them, so they look well-thumbed-through. Leave a few in the bathroom too.
>>
File: condescendingsmiledot.gif (602 KB, 245x181) Image search: [Google]
condescendingsmiledot.gif
602 KB, 245x181
>>7397020
>>
>>7397123

This anon is definitely right about the Asian philosophers. Everyone knows nobody actually reads them. But he's wrong that you should put them in the bathroom. That's a dead giveaway. The only thing people read in the bathroom is their smartphone. No one is reading philosophy on the shitter. Not even the actually smart.
>>
>>7397162
I read Asian philosophy on the shitter, come at me.
>>
>>7397181

No you don't.
>>
>>7397204
k, whatever makes you feel better about shitposting from the toilet
>>
This was meant to be b8. Why are most of you taking this seriously?
>>
>>7397254
To be annoying.
>>
File: 1442176170711.jpg (24 KB, 275x426) Image search: [Google]
1442176170711.jpg
24 KB, 275x426
>>7397254
>he thinks that these are serious replies
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.