[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am looking for novels in which the protagonist has been rejected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: rain_window-590x421.jpg (193 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
rain_window-590x421.jpg
193 KB, 590x421
I am looking for novels in which the protagonist has been rejected by society, hates society and all it's people generally or just feels very disconnected from everything. I liked Perfume but I like the free flowing rage of Henry Miller too despite his joy for life. I don't mind if there is misogyny or misandry. I like sadness, despair, bleakness, isolation and melancholy. I don't care what the story is about and I don't care how it ends. Violence is welcome. If there is a random act of kindness that may throw me emotionally, I'm ok with that too. Occasional hope is also acceptable.
>>
Not a novel but Jimmy Corrigan by Chris Ware. Isolated 30-something dead inside shut-in travels cross-country to meet his estranged father and learns he's descended from a long line of timid, sad men.

beautifully illustrated and captures all the little details of rejection and awkward conversation like no other comic before it.
>>
You should look into growing up instead of books.
>>
>>7395245
this
>>
>>7395245
>if you're sad and feel alienated you're just an immature autist!!!

not everyone's born in a cushy gated community to faggot yuppie parents like you breh.
>>
>>7395238
My friend the novel I believe you are looking for has actually been 4chan this whole time.
>>
>>7395270
it's not my fault your parents weren't successful, take responsibility for your own life and grow up
>>
>>7395238
Steppenwolf, Catcher in the Rye.
>>
>>7395270
ever read My Twisted World? you should check it out brah, all the magnificent Hugo Boss shirts in the world won't make you not a creepy douche, for that you'll have to grow up
>>
>>7395280
neither is it op's fault he wasn't born as brad pitt, go fuck yourself.

I'm not even a robot too. Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1444445098918.jpg (17 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
1444445098918.jpg
17 KB, 300x220
>>7395286
>if you feel sad and alone and are dumb enough to let someone know in the current calendar year you probably want to kill THOSE FUCKING VAPID CUNTS REEEEEE

nigga get the fuck out of meme land and come back to the real world.
>>
Ningen Shikkaku
>>
>>7395300
oh, are you mad that you're not white? yeah, that kinda sucks, but from what i understand thug life can be quite dramatic and thrilling at times, just beee urself
>>
File: 1401287302393.png (1 MB, 780x1198) Image search: [Google]
1401287302393.png
1 MB, 780x1198
Just what the doctor ordered
>>
>>7395238
Factotum by Bukowski
>>
>>7395320
i love My Twisted World, should be recognized as one of the most important books of the decade or even generation, not even trolling
>>
File: 8380.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
8380.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
>>7395326
>this meme again

how does it feel to be objectively a pleb?
>>
>>7395330
how does it feel to not be able to recognize greatness? i guess you're one of those people who has to wander around barnes and noble looking for books with gold stars on the cover to know they're reading something "good", stay pleb (and boring)
>>
Notes from Underground
>>
The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

pretty much /r9k/: the novel
>>
>>7395330
The Supreme Gentleman will be remembered long after you have faded into obscurity.

RIP IN PEACE SUPREME GENTLEMAN!
>>
>>7395332
Come on dude. No memeing. No irony. You don't really think My Twisted World is art right? Just because you can relate to it doesn't make it a profound meditation on the post-capitalist human condition or whatever you soft faggot lmao
>>
>>7395362
>is No Longer Human art then? it's just some faggot that killed himself no big deal
>>
>>7395378
lol.

okay i think we're done here. next time, just stay at r/books
>>
File: 1447722335350.png (18 KB, 641x573) Image search: [Google]
1447722335350.png
18 KB, 641x573
>>7395409
>I can't respond therefore I win
>here's me telling you to go to reddit

Let me tell you something faggot, I wasn't the person you were initially responding to, My Twisted World is a good book to read, not because you are able to identify with it (women hate me blah blah), but because you are able to learn how and what made him become a killer. I know you're probably not a bright fellow, but even I (being a NEET) was able to read into this.
>>
My diary 2bh.
>>
Child of God
>>
>>7395270
>implying the 'i hate the humanity' isn't the wet dream of teenagers born in those very gc

You're the incarnation of the adjective “edgy”.
>>
Suttree
>>
You want Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis
>>
>>7395326
The prose is garbage.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.