[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think about Bukowski?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
What does /lit/ think about Bukowski?
>>
Worst poetry that wasn't written by a fag teenager that I've ever read.
>>
his books are fun
>>
>>7394632
Not a big fan of his poetry, but I like his novels and short stories. Nice straight forward lumpenprolecore.
>>
>>7394632
I enjoyed Ham on Rye & Post office when using public transport
>>
Bukowski was the guy that got me into reading a few years back when I was a teenager (still a teenager though). Until that point, I never knew that people could write about drinking and fucking and all that other cool stuff, so I was prettyamazed when I first started reading his work.
>>
>>7394632

love him. he also got me to read jeffers. and jeffers is awesome.
>>
>>7395176
rec a book pls
>>
I can relate with the novels because I drink a lot. At least he doesn't pull any punches in what he is says. Misogynistic and cynical drunkard, pretty much that antithesis of SJW.
>>
>>7394632
God who'd wanna be such an asshole
>>
File: so we'll hate him.jpg (37 KB, 505x286) Image search: [Google]
so we'll hate him.jpg
37 KB, 505x286
>>
>>7394632
shit
>>
>>7396417
He was a kind man to be honest.
>>
>>7394632
We try not to.
>>
Not a lot of his work jumps out at me to read. I suppose I'll pick up some of his poetry for shits and giggles..
>>
>>7396417
Christ who'd wanna be such a control freak
>>
He is the type of man who I just wanna give a smooch on the cheek, honestly.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.