[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I avoid writing cringe stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1377433546658.jpg (69 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1377433546658.jpg
69 KB, 550x550
how do I avoid writing cringe stuff?
>>
not writing
>>
>>7394398
don't take yourself too seriously.
>>
>>7394398
write
>>
>>7394401
/thread
>>
>>7394398
Listen to your heart.
>>
>>7394398
You can't help it. Just write, and edit the cringe out.
>>
>>7394598

What if it's cringe on a basic concept related level? What if you just naturally write cringey prose and don't know how to write any other way?
>>
Stop being a redditor
>>
>>7394398
You don't. You keep writing though, and eventually things get better
>>
>>7394601
Well if that's the case you really need to evaluate your style, prose, and content. Maybe you need to spend more time reading, or perhaps try writing something totally different.
>>
>>7394398
Read some cringe stuff. If you are a well read and educated man with a developed sense of aesthetics, you will pick up on the cringe and, if you're honest to yourself, learn to recognize it when you do it and start avoiding it. Cringe detection is like a muscle, you need to read up on cringe in order to improve your avoidance skills (along with reading good books on the side ofc).

I read some super cringy stuff recently just to become more aware of cringe. I write fantasy so the bock I chose was Hearts of Magic: The Ghost Dragon by Elliot Harvey. Really bad stuff. Opened my eyes to a whole new world of cringy horrors.
>>
>>7394398
You don't, you've been dealt a bad hand in life. Learn to live with it.
>>
File: 1356157385693s.jpg (6 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1356157385693s.jpg
6 KB, 208x249
>>7394398
>Iktf
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.