[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kindle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Kindle.jpg (58 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
Kindle.jpg
58 KB, 500x482
Do you use a Kindle? What do you think about them?

Can i pirate books for it?

I dont live in city limits and therefore cant get a library card

I think i want one for christmas but i know almost nothing about them. I *do* know im tired of reading books on the computer screen.
>>
yes

yes
>>
We have this same thread with these same questions three times a day
>>
File: michaelobama.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
michaelobama.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>7393718

Im new here. I searched the catalog before i posted and there wasnt a kindle thread.

I just finished God Emperor of Dune and want to finish the last two books but my eyes are sore as hell from reading on the goddamn computer screen. I assume kindle reduces eye strain. And if i can pirate books ill probably get one

pic unrelated: its Michael Obamas balls slapping the front of his pants when he was dancing on Ellen
>>
>>7393735
Yes, you can pirate it. Like you i wanted a kindle as i was reading on the computer and wanted it to reduce eye strain. It works, but you are still going to get eye strain after a long period of reading, at least for me that's the case (although this is going to happen whatever format you choose to read in).

So yeah, i recommend it, as it's a source of free books and much better than reading on the computer with the added bonus of being portable (even more portable than a print book in some cases, due to the weight ect)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
don't forget cheaper this shit is the better
>>
>>7393756

The one on the left is way better. What version is that one?
>>
to buy books on this you must be complete retard use kat
>>
screen on the right is glowing in dark
>>
File: mfw kobo.gif (68 KB, 459x390) Image search: [Google]
mfw kobo.gif
68 KB, 459x390
>Kindle
>>
Im getting a Kindle tomorrow, also interested in tips. Bump
>>
>>7395130
Buy a kobo so you don't have ads everywhere.
>>
>>7395130

Download Calibre to categorize and and convert all of the books you will inevitably pirate.

>>7395165
the ads aren't distracting, especially if you don't have it connected to the Internet.
>>
>>7395192
I don't even know where I can pirate recent books.
>>
>>7395198

popular torrent sites are your best bet. also, this link in the sticky:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz
>>
A few weeks ago I bought a "yarvik" for 20 bucks on Amazon. My first e-reader.
Shits fantastic.
>>
>>7395688
>LCD
>>
Is there one that is cheaper than the kindle paperwhite but still as good and with that nice light that doesnt kill the battery?
>>
>>7395847
Kobo Aura (not the HD version) if you can still find it. I like it a lot, the battery lasts 30 hours easily. Although I don't know if the price difference is really that big.
>>
Buy a Nook Glowlight Plus while it's on sale instead, much better value
>ip67 waterproof
>6 week battery life
>text is crisp as fuck
>>
>>7395890
I got a Kobo, shit load of books on it, and it gets me hard.
>>
I use a Kobo aura HD and a sony prst3. Kobo is superior imo

Yes, check out #bookz (probably the best you can get without an invite) and gen.lib.rus

Use calibre for book organization.
>>
Project Gutenberg (Gutenberg.org) is also a good source of public domain ebooks
>>
>>7396069
This, also Feedbooks and archive.org
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.