[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E-Readers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg (63 KB, 600x676) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg
63 KB, 600x676
What do you losers think of these?
>>
I personally cannot vouch for Kobos, but I just copped Amazon's base kindle for 49.99 as part of their Black Friday deal. If the Kobo can do what Amazon's kindle can, I would recommend it (when the kindle isn't on sale because it seems they are the same price, retail).
>>
I love my kindle paper whatever the fuck it's called. You can get free books through torrents and project guttenber... no one can tell what you're reading... it's portable... the highlight and vocab saver are awesome too.... does my run on sentence make you buttmad?

btw does anyone have a kindle search tool for free books?
>>
>>7392310
>>7392309
I would get a kindle over it but I hear kobo is better for pdfs and no ads.
>>
>>7392304
I use a tablet because I already had one before I really got into reading. I'll probably get a Kindle of some kind for Christmas.

I used to be one of those "physical books >>>> digital 100% of the time, ebooks just don't have the same feeling, same smell, etc etc." Then I just said fuck it and forced myself to read a few 500-600 pages books on my tablet so I could get the full novel experience in digital form. It was weird at the start, but I got used to it fairly quick and now my experience between reading digital vs. physical is completely interchangeable. I still like to have physical copies of books I really enjoy for archive purposes, but for first reads I'm fine with digital, especially since I found my local library has an ebook.
>>
>>7392319
*has an ebook catalog
>>
>>7392309
How big is it? Is it the six inch? That's all too small for me.
>>
>>7392319
I wish I could get all paper but I really don't want to spend that much money all the time. It's just so easy to try out different books.
>>
>>7392329
Yeah that's a good thing, plus it's a lot easier to travel with a group of books on a tablet/e-reader instead of carrying 5-6 books in a backpack or something.
>>
Why do we have this same thread every single day?

>yo /lit/ do you use an e-reader

>what does /lit/ think of e-readers

>e-readers or books

It's like every single goddamn day this board is 90% populated by people who have never come here before
>>
>>7392343
k
>>
I use marvin on my Ipad and calibre to get the books. How safe is this? Germany is pretty strict when it comes to copyright and pirating..
>>
File: Loser-630x420.jpg (34 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Loser-630x420.jpg
34 KB, 630x420
can you afford real books loser
>>
>>7393795
I could but I would rather spend my money on other things like /out/ gear or /g/ things.
>>
I bought one so I wouldn't have to pay for books. Best decision I've ever made.
>>
>>7392317
>no ads.
What ads? Are there ads on Kindle? Just keep it in airplane mode.
>>
>>7393892
I don't want to support ad ridden botnet hardware lad.
>>
>>7392304
WE HAVE THIS EXACT THREAD TWICE A DAY

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LITERATURE ITSELF

PLEASE TAKE YOUR ASTROTURF AMAZON MARKETING SOMEWHERE ELSE

>>>/g/
>>
>>7394064
Kobos aren't made by Amazon anon.
>>
>>7393936
You can just go onto Amazon chat and ask them to remove them. Saves paying extra for the ad-free version.
>>
Probably good in the future, but right now there is too few novels in electronic formats.
>>
>>7394218
Wait, really?
>>
>>7392304
I would get one but everything I've seen says they're really bad at pdfs and that's most of what I'd be reading.
>>
File: IMG_20151126_205951.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_205951.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
Its great tbqphf (to be quite perfectly honest 'senpai' [family] )
>>
>>7394295
>not converting your pdfs with calibre

It's like you want to torture yourself
>>
>>7394406
>converting your pdfs with calibre
... give this man a meme award right now
>>
>>7394423
Wut
>>
>>7394249
Are you serious? I thought pretty much everything was an ebook?
>>
I picked up the Nook Glowlight Plus yesterday and I have to say that it's fucking fantastic
>>
>>7394259
yup, i did it. (It was free for me, tho, since i don't live in usa).
>>
>>7394249
Dude, what are you talking about? Only the most obscure 60s gay sci-fi isn't on kindle at this point.
>>
>>7394432
It is, that's just a bullshit excuse.
>>
Welp. Kobo Touch it is.
>>
>>7392343
or populated by people that care so much about meaningless things related to books they don't even actually read anything
>>
>>7393869
same
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.