[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Christianity is much more atheist than the usual atheism.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: slavoj-zizek.jpg (32 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek.jpg
32 KB, 360x480
>Christianity is much more atheist than the usual atheism.

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?
>>
>>7391016
Richard Dawkins, peace be upon his name, disagrees
>>
>>7391016
Look at his lectures. Lots of his ideology sifts through in those and he goes back to the same motifs a LOT.
The inkling I got from him is that Christianity is centered on the death of the "Big Other" i.e Christ and God on earth, and, he says, the realization that we are truly alone. He goes on about this at the end of Perverts Guide to Ideology during the Christ scene specifically (close to the end, or actually the end of the movie)
>>
>>7391016
Hitler wasn't violent enough.
>>
>Breivik was right
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>7392345
He meant he selected the correct targets according to his ideology.
>>
I'm convinced Zizek will say anything to destabilize western governments so he can lead a revolution of university students and /lit/izens turned soldiers and then rule his new society with an iron fist.
>>
>>7392360
I'm convinced you haven't read a word of Zizek, Lacan, or Hegel.
>>
>>7392361
>Lacan
I love zizek but there's literally no reason to take his Lacanian bullshit seriously. Everything Lacan said was bullshit and zizeks worst stuff is the overtly lacanian work
>>
>>7392367
My conviction has become fortified.
>>
File: pilgrim.jpg (83 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
pilgrim.jpg
83 KB, 850x400
>>
File: 1448134878331.jpg (27 KB, 265x291) Image search: [Google]
1448134878331.jpg
27 KB, 265x291
>>7392372

eurgh people like you are the worst man

why do you insist on typing like that on an imageboard?
>>
Ernst Bloch; Zizek literally has noting original to say

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_in_Christianity
>>
>>7392360
That's wrong, but I'd be down
>>
>>7392360
>effeminate emaciated lgbtwtfbbq drug addicts with extreme lack of organizational skills, affected by narcissism internet addiction who have spent the majority of their lives completely sedentary
>soldiers
lol to be honest
>>
>>7394783
In this case, Zizek himself has said many times that he just reads Christianity through Hegel (which was the philosopher that introduced the concept of the death of God into philosophy)
>>
>>7391016
>insert literally any zizek quote here

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?

Pretty sure no one knows, not even him.
>>
>>7391016
The Christian God is so obviously the product of man's whims and desires, not even consistent with the scriptures in a single denomination, that Christians have rejected any feasible God far more thoroughly than have most atheists, by taking such a god and deciding he needed sprucing up.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.