[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are his best books? I have yet to read Hegel (only on Aristotle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: me when I'm older.png (933 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
me when I'm older.png
933 KB, 1280x718
What are his best books?

I have yet to read Hegel (only on Aristotle on my journey so far), so I would like both his funny meme books and ones that are more related to the discussion of modern events.
>>
Stick to Hegel.
>>
>>7389737
b-but funny meme books :(
>>
>>7389741
Look, no one is going to stop you from reading them, but if what you're looking for is knowledge, or at least a better comprehension of Zizek's and Hegelian philosophy you have to start from the bottom.

Aristotle is good too.
>>
>>7389749
Thanks mate, will do. Are all of his books heavily dependent upon Hegel?
>>
>>7389752
No, Lacan too.
>>
>>7389724
>the pic
Doesn't he have a son? Is Ziczshek comfirmed for cockholder?
>>
>>7389724
pre-2010:
The Sublime Object of Ideology
The Plague of Fantasies
Looking Awry
The Ticklish Subject
The Parallax View

this decade:
Less than Nothing
Absolute Recoil (the supplement to LTN)
>>
>>7389757
He's obviously joking, he's three times married.
>>
>>7389752
As referenced here >>7389759 his earlier works are heavily Lacanian with the more recent ones being more directly Hegelian (after his political books such as Living in the End Times and the rest) - such as Less Than Nothing ("big hegel book"), and it's followup Absolute Recoil. Don't get me wrong, he's always been thoroughly Hegelian from the beginning, and is just as Lacanian in recent books.
>>
>>7389749
This guy's talking shit. Read Hegel and Lacan through Zizek if you want to. It'll serve as a good introduction and Zizek is infinitely more fun to read than the philosophers he builds upon.
>>
>>7389757
Like the other guy said, he is joking (one of his wives was called Analia). Being a virgin isn't a terrible thing though. I've had sex 3 times (first time when I was 24) and all were particularly underwhelming. Don't think I'll do it again.
>>
>>7389789
>I've had sex 3 times (first time when I was 24) and all were particularly underwhelming. Don't think I'll do it again.
The self delusion of ugly people will forever amaze me.
>>
>>7389793
My being ugly is both false and something that you cannot prove. The second girl was actually a model, my line of work puts me into contact with many opportunities for sex. I am interested in your need to contradict what I say. Why are you so hostile?
>>
The western society is build on the values of sex and consumerism, so if you say that one these things isn't so important how it seems to be, people will call you a virgin and/or poor
>>
>>7389796
Now the lies of ugly people, however, are just pathetic and boring.
>>
>>7389805
That is another claim that you cannot prove. Why are you so hostile?
>>
>>7389807
Why are you so ugly and bad at lying?
>>
>>7389812
I refuse to answer loaded questions.
>>
>>7389814
>I'm ugly.
>>
File: flanderswew.jpg (23 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
flanderswew.jpg
23 KB, 640x430
>>7389817
>>7389812
>>7389805
>>7389793

lmoa
>>
File: 1447889388123.png (473 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
1447889388123.png
473 KB, 480x854
>>7389789

I have the craziest sex with prostitutes, spraying buckets of cum and just ramming the shit out of them, but the most boring shit sex with most of my gf's ( had one exception, she was wild ).

So yeah, I agree.
I think women are exempt from being judged as a total failure in bed in this society. Because how could she possibly suck, right? All she has to do is be a dead fish and be the passive element.
And of course guys will not admit to this, because they're supposed to be the careless stallions.

4chan's conceptions of sex are heavily flawed and I feel like people are more and more retarded about sex than they've ever been by turning this aspect of human interaction as not only as the most primal but definitely as something we cannot discuss openly without the tag of "loser" attached to it. Personal preferences? No man, gotta fucc all deh time.

Post-protestant Americans are hilariously childish about sex and don't know what to do with their genitals now.
>>
>>7389817
Are you? Is that why you are so hostile?
>>
File: simp4.png (44 KB, 195x207) Image search: [Google]
simp4.png
44 KB, 195x207
>>7389828

is that the best you could come back with on this guy?

man you are outta the game dude

aight little nigga what are you gonna hit back with?
>>
>>7389834

An ad hominem is def quality retort bro.
You got the shitposting of this website down.
>>
>>7389828
>I don't understand greentext.

But yes, I am ugly. I'm just not delusional about it.
>>
>>7389759
holy shit, is that you Zizekian?
>>
>>7389834
I am not attempting to partake in an epic banter thread. He is just calling me ugly at this point, it is not exactly Mencken or Wilde I am dealing with here.
>>
>>7389840
What you are doing right now is a little thing called projection. Try to be aware of it in the future. I am not going to reply to any of your further replies as it will only encourage you.
>>
>>7389844
>>7389846
You're ugly. -- Wilde.
>>
>>7389827

>I think women are exempt from being judged as a total failure in bed in this society.

Disagreed. The mere fact that the term dead fish exists suggests you're wrong.

A compelling case could be made that they are not as harshly judged for poor sexual performances as males, but they're not exempt.
>>
>>7389827
>Sex is good when you don't have to care abou the other person.
>Buying someone's body is an okay thing to do.
Please cut yourself.
>>
>>7389902

>but they're not exempt.

True, but they're hardly as badly berated as men are for performing badly in bed.
>>
How to derail a thread: the thread
>>
File: 1448316187492.jpg (132 KB, 472x329) Image search: [Google]
1448316187492.jpg
132 KB, 472x329
>>7389757
>>
Doesnt zizek have like 50 books? Is he just fueling his coke habit? History will never remember a guy for 50 books.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.