[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literary tattoos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 29
File: 358.jpg (22 KB, 358x479) Image search: [Google]
358.jpg
22 KB, 358x479
So I might be getting a tattoo for Christmas, and I was thinking of getting a literature-related tattoo. I already have pic related, so I thought it would match well. Does anybody have any ideas on what to get? Some of my favourite books are:

>On the Road
>The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings
>Watchmen
>The Painted Bird
>Fahrenheit 451
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>UBIK
>Silverwing
>Watership Down
>Life of Pi
>The Master and Margarita
>Siddhartha
>Norwegian Wood
>Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>Nineteen Eighty-Four
>Animal Farm
>The Call of Cthulhu
>A Game of Thrones

It has a budget of $250-$300 Canadian tho so it can't be too big or elaborate. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks.
>>
>>7389481
I'll never understand why people would tatoo book stuff on them.
>>
>>7389481
why don't you get a rohrschach inkblot tattooed on your stupid face?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 401x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 401x353
>tattoos
>>
File: 1441245531159.jpg (183 KB, 1237x867) Image search: [Google]
1441245531159.jpg
183 KB, 1237x867
Do it
>>
>>7389481
why do you want a tattoo anon?
>>
>>7389481
Tattoo "This is Water" on your arm and constantly take pictures of you pointing with that arm to bodies of water.
>>
I like tattoos. Not so much because they look nice (they rarely do), but because they serve a very important social function -- tattoos identify the toxic, impulsive, and superficial members of our society who are a threat to our collective intelligence and well-being.

Those who choose to get tattoos are generally immature and childish. They're prone to making poor life choices with irreparable consequences, and that's information I like having. I know to avoid these people, I know not to hire them, I know they're irresponsible, I know they probably won't do their jobs very well (if at all), I know they have trouble thinking critically and rationally, I know they are narcissistic, and above all, I know that they are superficial. There exists no non-superficial reason for getting a tattoo in the modern Western world

None of these traits are particularly attractive, but then again, neither are tattoos.
>>
>>7389565
And there's something terribly sad and banal about that.
>>
>>7389569
The whole things makes me feel a little turgid.
>>
>>7389481
Is this a troll thread? I can't say.
>>
File: thisiswater.png (257 KB, 972x472) Image search: [Google]
thisiswater.png
257 KB, 972x472
>>7389569
yes
>>
I think they're beautiful, if done right.
>>
>>7389481
>>On the Road
>>The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings
>>Watchmen
>>The Painted Bird
>>Fahrenheit 451
>>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>>UBIK
>>Silverwing
>>Watership Down
>>Life of Pi
>>The Master and Margarita
>>Siddhartha
>>Norwegian Wood
>>Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>>Nineteen Eighty-Four
>>Animal Farm
>>The Call of Cthulhu
>>A Game of Thrones
So these are the people that get tattoos.
>>
>>7389481
Get a tattoo of a book
>>
File: Aaron-Chalmers.jpg (70 KB, 433x650) Image search: [Google]
Aaron-Chalmers.jpg
70 KB, 433x650
>>7389565

How come /lit/ hates tattoos so much?

Sure, I might not find everybody's tattoos pretty, but it's not like I'm forced to stare at them.

And when they do look good, they can look stunning. Take pic related, it's Aaron from Geordie Shore, (I think) they look absolutely amazing, and even though I actually don't notice each individual tattoo, the general impression of the tattoos are that of aesthetic pleasure.

I would agree that tattoos of text are unfavorable, and the same goes for little symbols or whatever, to show off how much of a special snowflake you are. Tattoos, in my opinion, should be had, because they look good, not because they mean anything special.
>>
>>7389481

whatever you get just don't let it be "SO IT GOES"
>>
>>7389565
Might wanna save that edge for when you trim that neckbeard
>>
>>7389703
It
is
a
pasta
you
stupid
meme loving
fuck
>>
Bodies make terrible canvases
>>
>>7389565
This is really good pasta, probably because it is mostly true.
>>
File: ho-lee.png (190 KB, 400x385) Image search: [Google]
ho-lee.png
190 KB, 400x385
Yeah come on you dumb shits, post your amazing tattoos
>>
>>7389481
Get that little Vonnegut asshole
>>
>>7389506
This, tbqh, you've got nothing to lose.
>>
>>7389481
get a Norwegian Wood tattoo with a qt Japanese girl hanging from a tree
>>
>>7389481

This is amazing man.

This is the most popular Kerouac quote on goodreads. It is tagged with the term "freethinker".

>“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

Alternatively, just get "spider-stars" written. Preferably over your chest.
>>
File: nungesser01.jpg (28 KB, 329x450) Image search: [Google]
nungesser01.jpg
28 KB, 329x450
I've always thought Charles Nungesser's insignia would make a nice tattoo. Or just the branding for a enlightened bro clothing line.
>>
File: ChannaOrientalis_FISH.png (202 KB, 800x255) Image search: [Google]
ChannaOrientalis_FISH.png
202 KB, 800x255
I'm getting this tattoo. Fuck it. I love fish.
>>
File: 1436051620041.jpg (130 KB, 467x260) Image search: [Google]
1436051620041.jpg
130 KB, 467x260
>>7389481
>tattoos
>>
>>7389565
this desu
>>
File: Bathypterois_sp.jpg (138 KB, 1200x895) Image search: [Google]
Bathypterois_sp.jpg
138 KB, 1200x895
>>7390024
Jesus
Get some taste, at least.
>>
File: behemoth.jpg (543 KB, 950x1482) Image search: [Google]
behemoth.jpg
543 KB, 950x1482
>>7389481
How do you feel about this caricature of Behemoth from M&M? Maybe a Ralph Steadman design if you like Fear and Loathing...

FYI, depending on the placement and the intricacy of the design, it may range more 300/350$. Mine is on my upper arm near my shoulder and cost me 364$.
>>
>>7389481
Don't get a tattoo. You'll really regret it when you grow up.
>>
>>7389481
>Literary tattoos

Literary kill yourself.
>>
>>7389565
>>7389648
>>7390233
>>7390381
>>7390385

Ya'll fell for the bait.
>>
>>7390399
I'm glad I did. It would have been really distressful if this was unironic.
>>
File: Archer_FISH.jpg (302 KB, 1619x903) Image search: [Google]
Archer_FISH.jpg
302 KB, 1619x903
>>7390280
I dislike walker fins.
>>
>>7390381
I don't get why people think this. If your wrinkles ruin your tattoo, then your wr
inkles ruined your tatless skin too. Who cares?

>>7390385
Why is this any more of a problem than getting a tattoo of any other thing OP is inspired by?

>>7389481
I'm getting "Not all who wander are lost" written on the back of my neck in elvish.
>inb4 unoriginal.
So is everything.
>>
>>7390873
If you're going to make the stupid decision to make a tattoo you might as well take the stupidity to the end point and do a tribal or whatever. No point in trying to mitigate the need to define your 'personality' with tattoos by choosing something perceived by your peers as high-brow.
>>
>>7390896
Project harder you pretentious faggot. It's not my fault nobody loves you.
>>
>>7390873
>>7390902

whoa, simmer down there, sparky.

you got a tattoo for superficial reasons, now you've realised what a huge mistake that was! let this serve as a lesson and let bygones be bygones, rather than simmering in anger on a mongolian fingerpainting board.
>>
>>7390024
Snake heads are bad ass. Raised a few Channa Blehris myself.
>>
Lol, all the people I've met IRL who are anti-tattoo are cringey, ugly fucks.
>>
>>7390399
>Ya'll
>inb4 ha ha I baited you again :p
>>
File: pazyryk tattoos.jpg (94 KB, 480x582) Image search: [Google]
pazyryk tattoos.jpg
94 KB, 480x582
>>7390965
yeah they are, and they're perfect shape for an arm or leg tattoo.Thinking about re-imagining some ancient tattoos. This dude has a fish and ibex on his leg, gonna maybe do something similar.
>>
>>7391127
Pay top dollar man or theyll come out shit
>>
>>7391131
Thanks, I will.
The dream is to be tattooed by one of those famous japanese tattooists that use bamboo needles.
>>
>>7391040

I pay you to make the burger, not to open your mouth.
>>
File: 1438274815200.jpg (50 KB, 540x482) Image search: [Google]
1438274815200.jpg
50 KB, 540x482
>>7389565
kek
>>
>>7389663
be real that guy still totally looks like he would rob you in a dark alley or some shit
>>
>>7391223
Nah. I've met a lot of people, and most people who look like they'll rob you either don't have tattoos or have really shit ones. Good tattoos imply that you've got a) your own income and b) care about your appearance. Tats ain't cheap and they require a certain standard of dedication, patience and money to acquire. Dedication and patience aren't really the qualities of somebody whose going to jump you for smack money in an alley.
>>
>>7391219
Jackie Chan is such a legend.
>>
>>7389565

This has clearly upset body graffiti advocates, but its all true, and part of the tragedy is that even if they wake up later in life it can't be undone.

I met a girl once, and we had a mutual attraction to each other. After we started talking more intimately she revealed to me that she had a tattoo of a cross on her back and another on her angle, and she was intending to get another one.

It hit me like a ton of bricks how it would break her if she understood what I thought about tattoos, so I tried to break it to her as lightly as I could by saying that I didn't 'get' the whole tattoo thing and that I don't find them attractive - both of which were honest statements on my part.

I was genuinely curious for her to explain to me why she would want one; what purpose they serve, but when we subsequently discussed this, she didn't have any real reason. She explained to me that the tattoo she got on her ankle was a result of her friends pressuring her into getting a tattoo, and the cross was essentially because she had a vague belief in God and 'I like it'. The next tattoo she wanted to get was just because 'I like it', or words to that effect.

After this, she got anxious about me not liking her because I don't like tattoos, and I had said 'I would prefer you didn't get another tattoo, but it's your choice. I would still like you' - which was true, as she seemed otherwise of acceptable intelligence and attractiveness and I was willing to give it a chance.

What made it worse is that she had some underlying issues and was hypersensitive to what I would say; she would never be angry or dismissive, but she'd become depressed and cut herself, which is why after I while I decided to break things off.

I had always scoffed at people with tattoos until that point because I thought they were all too dumb or pigheaded to ever take in the criticism, but there must be at least some people who get tattoos young and without much thought only to confronted and distressed by it later.

tl;dr Tattoos - Not even once.
>>
Get a tattoo of the word tatoo
>>
>>7391339

so basically dont get tattoos because you'll be insensitive over your personal distaste for them if we enter an intimate relationship?
>>
>>7391339
Most of the people I've talked to who've gotten tattoos (and being artsy AND crazy, I've talked to A LOT) and almost all of them said the same thing- once you get a tattoo, you stop seeing it. Unless it's something unbelievably hideous, it just becomes a part of you, like a birth mark. Some forget it's there, some don't think about it. Only one person legit regretted it, and he had a huge band tattoo somewhere.

I, personally am going to get a tattoo because it is a "bad idea". I have a crippling fear of making decisions that I can't back out of. So I'm going to get a tattoo, because I have to get my shit together.
>>
>>7389506
Only good idea itt
>>
>>7391367
How much you gonna pay me if I get it?
>>
I was seriously going to start bashing you fags for getting literature themed tats......but then i remembered I have one.

I have hunter s. thompsons gonzo symbol on my right forearm. I Seriously regret getting it.

I mean....for one nobody fucking gets it. So everyone i meet asks me about it, and they look at me like i'm nuts if i describe what it actually is. So anymore i just change the subject, sometimes i'll be like "Uh, what tattoo? I don't have any tattoos!" Even though they can see the damn thing clear as day.

Even if you don't end up hating your tats, you will definitely get indifferent to them and stop thinking about them all together. I seriously have other non-visable tats that i don't really regret getting, but i'm not glad i have them either. It's just meh, it's there. That's it. I'd much rather have the hundreds of bucks i spent on them back.
>>
>>7391361
>best argument in favour of tattoos is that you learn to live with it

When your aesthetic choices are like HIV you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>7391376
Jesus, yeah that kind of tattoo makes you look kind of like a neo-nazi.
>>
>>7391372
Nothing, I hate tattooed people.
>>
>>7391357

Well she was the one who started asking me what I thought about them. I thought I was being as sensitive as I could without outright lying to her.

It was clear from my experience with her that tattoos aren't just a 'personal' thing for at least some people. They might derive a thrill out of showing it off, or they might just like it being a guideline for other people (i.e. 'this is who I am'). Either way, they want people to like their tattoos, because they identify with their tattoos intimately. Wearing one's heart on one's sleeve can get weary after a while, as any adult knows.

If you get a tattoo, you are fucking up your life unnecessarily.
>>
>>7389565
>and above all, I know that they are superficial
Don't kid yourself that you're somehow not superficial bud. You spend time showering and making sure your hair doesn't look like shit. Because you want the appearance of being more competent because the world is superficial. Hypocrite
>>
>>7391378
What are you talking about? It's my personal choice. Not an aesthetic one.

It's not like I'm not going to very, very carefully pick out what I want tattooed, I just like taking radical approaches to my issues.
>>
>>7391339
>>7391387

And here's another thought for you all:

I think tattoos are equivalent to body scars in terms of attraction.

Some scars look worse than others, and on men they generally look more acceptable.

If a woman has a scar on her body, you can get used to it, but it's not as good as smooth consistent skin. At best, it's something you can manage to overlook.

#SorryNotSorry
>>
File: 1429340377300.jpg (100 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1429340377300.jpg
100 KB, 720x480
I met this guy one time and he was pretty into me. He didn't seem like a scumbag or anything so I figured hey, I'll give it a chance, just see what happens.

I'd dated a lot of alphas in my past and just want a relationship without the constant drama and thrills, just someone to hang out with, and if I didn't want to fuck him I'd just say I had a headache or something. He kept asking if our "attraction is mutual" though, I found his choice of language kind of adolescent and autistic.

Anyways, I had some religious iconography inked on my body and was getting another one soon. I was raised religious and still admire many tenets of the religion and the pillars of faith even though I'm not currently practicing. The guy told me he didn't "get" the whole tattoo thing, at which point I just rolled my eyes and considered just signing up for Tinder for some non-insecure non-beta dick on the side.

He asked why I got the tattoos and I told him how I feel about religion and he didn't seem satisfied with my answer, which was in line with his character since he was generally a moody, disagreeable, insecure cunt.

I like how artwork and iconography looks on my body. After this he got all anxious about the idea of me getting another tattoo and I started questioning why he turned such trifling things into arguments and wanted to cause a rift in our relationship.

I'm not normally a sensitive person or anything but he just kept drilling his personal beliefs into me like I wasn't a person with my own will or agency, like I was his property and not capable of my own decisions, so I became visibly confused at him sabotaging a perfectly innocent little fling. He kept saying "If you get another tattoo it's whatever" but his tone was more like "you're a slut, what man could ever love a tattoo'd slut". I even asked all my friends, both male and female, who were around for one of his reactionary tirades if he seemed a little "off". Everyone agreed he was just a bitter, spiteful, small man who was projecting his insecurities onto the fact I did what I wanted with my body and my personal will and agency was a big deal to him. He just didn't believe anything I said. One time I cut my arm cooking in the kitchen and he thought I tried to harm myself.

Eventually I broke things off but I heard from all his friends he told them he broke it off with me. Not unexpected, knowing that guy.

anyways tl;dr, small minded beta guys who go on 4chan, not even once

pic related, it's me, only less pretty and more slutty
>>
>>7391449
Tattoos are for war vet buddies and gangsters, neither of which I find attractive in a girl. So I agree.
>>
>>7391339
>>7391457
kek
>>
>>7391387

>If you get a tattoo, you are fucking up your life unnecessarily.

Again just to be clear: On the basis that we may one day enter an intimate relationship and you dont like them?
>>
>>7391449
I want the raddest fucking scars. I fucking love scars. Smooth skin is way over rated. Vitiligo, scars, tattoos. It's all good. Well, as long as you still fit into the standard definition of beauty, let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>7391457

>being buttflustered THAT much to type up all that

Seems I touched a raw nerve

>>7391473

Anytime you talk to a person, whether it be a potential partner, or a friend, or just a colleague or random person you meet, there's a chance they will tell you they don't like tattoos and they could be enough to shatter the world of some people - just as when you tell a girl she could do with losing some weight. Just because men don't like women who are fat, it doesn't make men 'insensitive'.

I can just smell the menstrual blood in /lit/
>>
>>7391517
That could be literally anything, it doesn't have to be tattoos. Being so autistic that all your choices are dictated by whether or not a stranger might not like that so much is absolutely retarded and ultimately futile.
>>
>>7391517

What the fuck are you talking about? Menstrual blood? The whole point im making is that despite your self congratulatory conclusion that tattoos are terrible the best reason you've come up with is that you personally don't like them.
>>
File: Sauron_Tolkien_illustration.jpg (12 KB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
Sauron_Tolkien_illustration.jpg
12 KB, 240x234
>>7389481
>>The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings
Pic related is a good tattoo.

>The shadow reaches further than the hand.
>>
>>7391517
If I met someone that put off by tattoos then I probably saved myself the time of dating them early on. So long as you don't get a trashy tattoo, who cares. I was behind a person with a Vonnegut tattoo and it made me want to talk to the guy. Sometimes a tattoo attracts likeminded people. It's less shitty than a novelty shirt.
>>
>>7391538

I think pretty much everyone can feel stung by other people's criticism of them.

The thing is, you can change being fat. You can't remove a permanent tattoo, unless it's something small and you have a lot of money and resolve.

And it's an active choice you make to get a tattoo. Becoming fat isn't a choice you make, it's passive. Some things, like having an ugly facial structure can't be undone, but at least it's not a choice you've made. Getting a tattoo is an unbelievably stupid decision to make. I freely admit I cannot make sense of the motivations behind it. I can understand doing drugs, because drugs give you a high that can be addictive. But what do tattoos do for you? The only responses seem to be 'I want other people to know my opinions can shrink to fit on a 6-word tattoo or bumper sticker' and 'I like the way it looks, like a child blowing money on some item because he likes the color blue'
>>
>>7391223
That looks like professional art. The tatted people robbing you have off-black ink and mediocre art on them because they got in in jail to represent a criminal resume or affiliation

>>7391282
Yes
>>
>"There is literally nothing wrong with tattoos. I mean, come on, it's 2015!"
>>
File: really.gif (791 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
791 KB, 245x160
>>7391575
>all tattoos are tattooed on the face
>>
>>7391567
>Becoming fat isn't a choice you make
>over eating isn't a choice.
What?

>Getting a tattoo is an unbelievably stupid decision to make.
Complaining is even worse, who even are you to care what anyone else does with their skin? Are you actually judging the core of the person based off their aesthetic pleasures?
>But what do tattoos do for you? The only responses seem to be 'I want other people to know my opinions can shrink to fit on a 6-word tattoo or bumper sticker'
Ignorance truly is bliss.

>'I like the way it looks, like a child blowing money on some item because he likes the color blue'
You're actually an idiot.

Been lurking here a while now, probably my first post here, god dam /lit/ why are you full of idiots also? It's a personal choice which means almost nothing as people are not adamant, like their tattoo's. People are capable of disliking a tattoo and regretting it later in life, does that mean anything? Does that mean they should kill themselves? Like all this heavy criticism implies? If you don't like tattoo's don't surround yourself with people who have tattoo's, if you lik the people behind the tattoo's then what the fuck do they matter?

Literally judging a book by it's cover.
>>
>>7391579
Of course. Don't you know. You can just pick and choose any asshole and apply his life to anyone who loosely shares a characteristic. That's why all black people steal and all women are stupid spoiled whores. This is /lit/ after all. None of these autists are ever going to go outside and maybe put these perceptions to the test. The guy with the hobbit tattoo might beat them up.
>>
>>7391579

I would post some examples of tattoos on other areas of the body, but this is a SFW board
>>
>>7391581
That moment you realize that if the entire 4chan population dropped dead the result would net out to be a better world.
>>
>>7391583
>The guy with the hobbit tattoo might beat them up.
This is the most hilarious visual I've had all day.

>>7391587
I still think a DON'T PANIC tattoo should go exclusively on a slong.
>>
>>7391223
He really doesn't. That looks like a hipster that draws a lot and is serious about his career as a tattoo artist.
>>
>>7391517
>Seems I touched a raw nerve
nah I just thought I'd have some fun while pointing out you have the hubris and self-importance of a rapper in thinking that you're opinion REALLY fucking matters about some girls tattoos.

If it bothers you that much and you're such a little pussy you should've just broken up with her right away rather than stick around and be an emotionally abusive passive aggressive little girl towards her
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 550x550
This is the only tattoo I have, it's really nice and most normalfags won't know about it
>>
>>7391581

>What?

People don't decide to become fat. If they become fat, it happens without their intent.

You're making yourself sound stupid desu senpai

>who even are you to care what anyone else does with their skin?

I don't care what other people do, so long as it doesn't affect me. But as that anon posted, I'm less likely to associate myself with someone who has tattoos because it indicates they aren't in the right frame of mind. I also find tattoos unattractive; it spoils the body, so the less tattoos a girl I want to date has, the better.

It's the same as with religious people. I think the world would be better off without their irrational ideas, but I don't mind if they keep it to themselves. But don't expect me to find religious fervor in a girl attractive, or for me to associate with religious lunatics.

>People are capable of disliking a tattoo and regretting it later in life, does that mean anything?

We tell children not to touch the element on the stove. We tell both children and adults not to do highly addictive and dangerous drugs. The same should be with tattoos. Tattoos ruin your body with no benefits, tangible or otherwise. Note how you haven't provided any additional example of what tattoos do for you that is good.
>>
>>7391561
>If I met someone that put off by tattoos then I probably saved myself the time of dating them early on
That guy didn't even fully express his feelings early on, he pretended to be someone he isn't based on some retarded "rules" about "girls who have tattoos" and just let it stew inside of him until he hurt someone else. >>7391567

>Getting a tattoo is an unbelievably stupid decision to make
says you
>I freely admit I cannot make sense of the motivations behind it
I can't explain people's internal states of mind = tattoos are like cold fusion, just what the fuck man
>But what do tattoos do for you?
"I don't like tattoos"
"The only other responses seem to be [insert overwrought strawman]
>>
>>7391630
reverse image search results are bluetooth app
>>
>>7391636
It's from Berserker
>>
>>7391581
Anon there's actually many intelligent posters here, the guy your responding to is essentially just from hugboxland aka /pol/ where people stew in their preconceptions without actually challenging themselves. "Girls with tattoos= SLUTS, NO EXCEPTIONS" is the type of rhetoric over there. Hopefully he'll walk away from this thread with his head not so far up his own ass. Or he's just a selfish, inward looking person, and hence the reason he'll remain removed from the gene pool
>>
>>7391639
Ahh. I only watched the abridged series years ago. I'll recognize the shit out of that fucking amulet.
>>
>>7391639
**Berserk

It's called the Brand of Sacrifice
>>
File: pls_pay_attention_to_me.jpg (265 KB, 470x735) Image search: [Google]
pls_pay_attention_to_me.jpg
265 KB, 470x735
>>7391603

>you're such a little pussy you should've just broken up with her right away rather than stick around and be an emotionally abusive passive aggressive little girl towards her

Yep, diagnosis is still 'assmad'.

You know, thinking about it.. just musing here, but it seems to me like people who get tattoos had bad fathers. Maybe they are trying say 'Look daddy, I'm tough, we have something in common now'. I've dated two girls who have had tattoos, and both had abusive fathers. I dated a girl who had a neglectful mother, but she didn't have or want tattoos. Same case for a few males I've known. Anecdotal, but worth a thought.
>>
>>7391631
>We tell children not to touch the element on the stove. We tell both children and adults not to do highly addictive and dangerous drugs. The same should be with tattoos. Tattoos ruin your body with no benefits, tangible or otherwise. Note how you haven't provided any additional example of what tattoos do for you that is good.

Holy fuck. I cannot believe how idiotic you are. Things taught to children are not upheld by adults, are you fucking serious right now? That's your argument - they teach kids this therefore it should be the same as that?

>Note how you haven't provided any additional example of what tattoos do for you that is good.
Because you are so far up your ass you cannot even comprehend the fact that they give people a sense of confidence? Something to be proud of? People LIKE tattoo's, you don't fair enough. But you're reasoning's are fucking idiotic.

>It's the same as with religious people. I think the world would be better off without their irrational ideas, but I don't mind if they keep it to themselves. But don't expect me to find religious fervor in a girl attractive, or for me to associate with religious lunatics.

Holy fuck. Is this actually /lit/? This is the type of poster who inhabits this place?
>1 person = all.

>>7391641
Is right, you're a /polbot/, aren't you?
>>
>>7391662
>but worth a thought.

it's funny you think you're worth that :^)
>>
File: 4_Wolfinger_small.jpg (68 KB, 484x650) Image search: [Google]
4_Wolfinger_small.jpg
68 KB, 484x650
>>7391643
>watching the Abridged version of a show you haven't actually watched
>>
File: female_tattoo.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
female_tattoo.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
>>7391641

>"Date me, you SHITLORD!"

Sorry ladies, but tattoos will remain unattractive to me and most other males no matter what you would like me to believe.

I never said anything about 'sluts'/sexual promiscuity. In my recount I describe how I said to the girl I would have stayed with her despite her tattoos and intention to get more. What made me end the relationship was that she was cutting herself because of me. It's the relationship where I've been the one to end it, and I think I did the right thing because clearly the relationship was going nowhere good.

When a girl I like tells me they have tattoos, I'm disappointed, not angry. It's really such a shame, because it's senseless and completely needless.
>>
>>7391693
>and most other males
You need to go outside.

4chan doesn't even remotely represent the majority opinion. Holy shit.
>>
>>7391686
Dude, I do this so much, I don't want to watch the originals anymore.
>watching FREE!
>not watching 50% OFF

I don't really watch anime at all anymore. I don't watch anything anymore.
>>
>>7391693
Dude, this>>7391697
As someone who has talked to hundreds, nay, thousands of people, most don't really give a shit about tattoos. Once the topic of discussion was a dude that got PISS and SHIT tattooed on his knuckles as a lark and the general reaction was amused scoffing. Nobody actually gives a shit anymore.

Also, you know a very small percentage of people actually get their faces tattooed, right? You're not making a point.
>>
>>7391664

>People LIKE tattoo's, you don't fair enough

If you're going to try and present a counter-argument, at least don't contradict yourself in the same sentence.

Let me present a few inarguable facts:

If you have visible tattoos you are less likely to be trusted or employed.

If you have tattoos as a woman, even if they are hidden, you will appear less attractive to your intimate partners, unless you find one an uncommon freak with a fetish. Sure, some men like fat girls too. But lets be real, most men like girls who aren't fat, and who don't wreck their beautiful skin with graffiti.

Quote from a 'Psychology Today' article on the above topic titled 'How Do People View Women With Tattoos?':

>The few studies that have focused on men's perceptions of tattooed women have found that these women are seen in a generally negative light.
>When men saw the woman with the tattoo, they judged her as less athletic, less motivated, less honest, less generous, less religious, less intelligent and less artistic than when she displayed no tattoo.
>>
>>7391662
>Yep, diagnosis is still 'assmad'.

>gets called out for faggot behaviour
>person calling him out = [insert buzzphrase]
>>
>>7391720

>most people are cunts

it's still not a good argument, people are not hounding you here because they are hormonal women crying into their cats through their lizard face tats, they are hounding you because you are legitimately sort of a cunt
>>
>>7391720
>even if they are hidden, you will appear less attractive to your intimate partners
according to what? your vast experiences crying during sex? your personal opinions are not enough grounds for vast generalizations.

This quote is from the same article, you cherry picking piece of shit:
>The results were striking: When women wore tattoos they were solicited by men 23.67 percent of the time, but when the same women didn't wear tattoos they were solicited just 10 percent of the time. Men also made faster contact with the women who had a tattoo than with women who didn't, an average of 23.61 and 34.78 minutes, respectively. (That's a difference of more than 11 minutes.)
>>
>>7391720
>you will appear less attractive to your intimate partners, unless you find one an uncommon freak with a fetish
>facts
>facts
>this is a "fact"
fucking hilarious. I"m exiting the thread and not coming back, it rustles me that there is one person this retarded on /lit/. Blocked IP for future posts
>>
>>7391720
>If you have visible tattoos you are less likely to be trusted or employed.
Maybe 20 years ago, this is rapidly changing, pops.

>If you have tattoos as a woman, even if they are hidden, you will appear less attractive to your intimate partners
This is highly subjective, how the fuck do you consider this 'inarguable facts'. Are you saying there is literally no male partner out there who doesn't like his partners tattoo's? Wat?

>most men like girls who aren't fat, and who don't wreck their beautiful skin with graffiti.
Again, you need to go outside.

>Psychology Today
I am 23, I have 4 psychologists, including clinical and MD's practising psychology, let me tell you it's ALL full of shit.

>basing personal opinion off of the views of others.

>thinking a study proves anything
>didn't post sample size or origin of study
You're an idiot, bro.
>>
File: whos_who.png (5 KB, 249x269) Image search: [Google]
whos_who.png
5 KB, 249x269
>>7391730

>people are not hounding you here because they are hormonal women crying into their cats through their lizard face tats

Where do you think you are?

>>7391744

>This quote is from the same article

Because, as explained in the article, tattoos make women appear more promiscuous to males. In other words, 'easy'. It doesn't make them more attractive.

It even says, "While men see tattooed women as less attractive, they also see them as more promiscuous."

That by getting a tattoo as a female you might get pumped and dumped more is not something I'm necessarily going to argue with, but I will argue that men find more attractive and therefore would much prefer women without graffiti on their skin. Not to mention that if tattoos mark a woman as 'Take me fellas!', how must that make the male partner feel once he has her in a relationship? That's seriously c.ucked up
>>
File: 1445226823735.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
1445226823735.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>7391339
>>7391457

This level of dedication to shitposting has shamed me into getting back to work.
>>
>>7391778
that gif skeeves me out
>>
File: check_dat_physical_attraction.png (56 KB, 485x252) Image search: [Google]
check_dat_physical_attraction.png
56 KB, 485x252
>>7391754

>Maybe 20 years ago, this is rapidly changing, pops

lol, sure mate.

I'm young and yet according to you I don't exist because only 'pops' think bodily graffiti signifies bad mind and consequently bad character.

>Are you saying there is literally no male partner out there who doesn't like his partners tattoo's?

I said that there are men who find tattoos attractive on a woman. I actually think the rate is likely comparable to that of men liking fat women. It's a minority, and studies show this.

>Again, you need to go outside.

Keep in mind you're arguing in relation to a post in which I describe my experience of dating a girl with tattoos.

>I am 23, I have 4 psychologists, including clinical and MD's practising psychology, let me tell you it's ALL full of shit.

K. I'll trust you then.

Actually.. I think I'll trust the studies they're talking about in the article (and perhaps the ones they don't mention).
>>
Great thread guys, keep it up.
>>
someone post the collection of 1000 white girls with kurt vonneguts asshole tatted on their cooter with "so it goes" in flowery quotes
>>
>>7391783
>Keep in mind you're arguing in relation to a post in which I describe my experience of dating a girl with tattoos.
Note, singular, A GIRL, not ALL GIRLS.

>K. I'll trust you then.

You want me to trust your opinion on dating A (ONE) girl.

>Actually.. I think I'll trust the studies they're talking about in the article (and perhaps the ones they don't mention).
So you're an idiot than, I bet you stopped eating meat. As it gives you cancer.

Studies and statistics don't work the way you think they do. Again, post sample size and origin of these 'studies'. A study including 1000 males from a few states over america is not a very inclusive study, at all.
>>
File: single_womans_tat.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
single_womans_tat.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
Tattoo Regret - A Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-g1Vvcz5iQ

Don't ruin your body with graffiti, especially if you're a woman. Listen to the stories of these poor misguided souls, and don't make their mistake. If someone you're close to says they're going to get a tattoo, intervene the same way you would as if they said they were going to try heroin. A drug addiction doesn't necessarily last a lifetime, but a tattoo does.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 188x254) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 188x254
>>7389481
>I already have pic related
>>
File: le horn.jpg (1 MB, 1721x1487) Image search: [Google]
le horn.jpg
1 MB, 1721x1487
Get a lot 49 horn, no one has that.
>>
>>7392630
I'm curious, what does that have to do with anything? "Ha ha look at these idiots all liking the same thing!" ?
>>
>>7389569
>>7389593
is this a reference to DFW?
>>
considered getting this
nothing to do with books though
>>
>>7389481
The only acceptable tattoo is a literature quote that dramatically changed your life.
>>
>>7391361

>I, personally am going to get a tattoo because it is a "bad idea". I have a crippling fear of making decisions that I can't back out of.

Give yourself Mensur scars instead. A hundred thousand times less lame.

and not even as edgy as tattoos
>>
>>7391630
I would get that with a keirks quote and pretend it's a death metal band called Crystallized-Kierkergaards
>>
>>7391402

You know what would be more radical than getting a tattoo to get over your fear of making decisions that can't be altered?

Any other decision that can't be altered that would actually have an impact on your life.
>>
>>7393238
You must browse /pol/ no one else is this angry about skin.

And I don't even want a tattoo.
>>
>>7391567

>Becoming fat isn't a choice you make, it's passive.

Don't be daft. Becoming fat is choice you make, and have to make, every single day for a long time for it to come to fruition.
>>
>>7393243

>Mom feeds you McDonalds every second night as a kid
>Don't learn about the importance of nutrition and exercise until you're 15 or older

Or at least you don't make the decision 'I want to become fat!'. A person who gets a tattoo actually has to make the decision they want a tattoo, and then go to a tattoo parlor and pay for one.
>>
>>7391636
>keking around the bush
>>
I have four tats on my arms above the elbows. Probably gonna get more but ones i can conceal with clothing.
>>
>>7393238
>that would actually have an impact on your life
The point is that it won't have an impact on my life, you fucking idiot. The point is doing something I can't back out of later, not burning fucking bridges.
>>
>>7391457
>pic related, it's me
except it isn't
>>
>>7391361
At least now your idiocy will have a well marked sign so people can identify what you are from a distance and keep themselves there.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.