[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys do with books you don't want anymore? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1438428991989.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1302) Image search: [Google]
1438428991989.jpg
73 KB, 1000x1302
What do you guys do with books you don't want anymore? They're just random paperbacks so it's not like they're worth selling online. Mostly they are books I've bought for class, but I'm an English major so they aren't really textbooks.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2400x3600
Leave them on public transport or in coffee shops/bars
Or donate them to a charity shop
>>
Give them to Goodwill, if you're American.
>>
>>7388814
>you don't want anymore

does not compute
>>
that's why I've stopped buying books and just switched entirely to electronic books.

I had a problem with it at first because I really hated how small the kindle was, but I got a large e reader (sony digital paper) and the things a dream to read on now
>>
>>7388826
I don't plan on ever reading them again, so why would I want them?

>>7388822
I am American. I guess I figured they already have a metric shitton of books already.
>>
>>7388831
>I don't plan on ever reading them again

Modern /lit/, everyone.
>>
>>7388833
wut? you've never bought a book and ended up not liking it, or you've never been required to buy a book for a class that you don't care about outside of class?
Am I just supposed to never get rid of books?
>>
it gives me great pleasure to dig out a book i think someone will like and give it to them. especially if i'm right. even if its my favorite book.
>>
Bring them to half price books if there is one near you, I brought them a couple bags of old paperbacks and got $30
>>
File: 1437676646848.jpg (966 KB, 1096x1591) Image search: [Google]
1437676646848.jpg
966 KB, 1096x1591
>>7388840
There isn't even one in my state. :/
>>
This >>7388821 or this >>7388839 are the best answers.
>>
Take 'em to your local used bookstore and get money for em, or store credit.
>>
Go to a used book store, get $1 each, grab a new book or two.

Alternate donate to a local thrift place. NO good will/salvation army. They're not good.
>>
>>7389426
i return them to the library
>>
>>7388833
>you should only ever buy classics and keep them around in your bookshelf in order to impress others
>>
I actually like to keep them for the possibility that the world could end and I could need them to start a settlement or teach English.
>>
just buy a shelf??? unless you are moving or don't have space or something. don't get rid of your books when young you will regret it. i think maybe you are just trying to be noble "i have no use for books I'll not read! I am the anti pseudo book hoarder!"
>>
>>7388814
I hand them out to friends who never read them.
>>
>>7388830
How big?
>>
>>7388833
>reading books more than once
Not even once. Would feel like a horrible waste when there are millions of good books out there I've never read.
>>
>>7388814
Return them to the library.
>>
>>7390777
This.
>>
File: popop.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
popop.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1024
>>7388814
I box up the ones I want to make sure my children get and horde them at my parents' house.

The rest I try to give to friends I think will enjoy them. The ones I don't have a recipient in mind for, I sell to a used book store nearby, and the remainder go to Goodwill.
>>
>>7390824
Not him but the digital paper screen is exactly the size of a sheet of office paper, that's it's primary selling point, it's mainly for lawyers, clerks, people like that
>>
>>7388840
came here to post this
>>
Here's a design idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8PI13MT9s
>>
I sell them to second hand bookshops and buy more books with the money
>>
>>7391389
Ugh destroying books to dress up a fucking box. It hurts me on all levels.
>>
live in a normie wasteland, so there are no used bookstores anywhere near me. The place I used to live had a used bookstore right down the street.
>>
Keep them and acquire a comprehensive collection so that when you die you can donate them to a local librararararararary.
>>
>>7388814
paperbackswap dot com
I put my paperbacks I don't care about on there and pic up better shit. So far I've managed to get Naked Lunch, Bel Ami, Public Enemies, and a bunch of /lit/'s guide to the Greeks from there by swapping pleb shit
>>
I sell or trade them

>tfw I got rid of 10+ Stephen King books I bought 10 years ago when I was 15 and traded for some great books
>>
What about books that you've bought and never really got into?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.