[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>love reading >hate discussing it anyone else feel like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: B6xzv7XIcAEv22n.jpg (36 KB, 599x483) Image search: [Google]
B6xzv7XIcAEv22n.jpg
36 KB, 599x483
>love reading
>hate discussing it

anyone else feel like this?
>>
>>7388152
I feel ya, whenever I try to describe the story it just comes out as
>uhh this one part happens
>and its cool cause then this shit happens
>uhhh one sec I forgot a couple things
>>
Maybe I'm just an asshole after the years of being made to feel awkward in social situations, but I love stepping on peoples feet by talking about lit. Like, you know that open space after you ask someone how are they and they automaton something like "good"? If I know someone probably doesn't read I'll be like "So what books have you read lately?" "Have you ever read Joyce?" or something like that. Just to make them feel like the weird awkward asshole and not me. It feels really good.
>>
Yep. Reductionists are generally unstimulating.
>meh, it's overrated.
>>
>>7388238
That's why you plan what you want to say ahead, dummy.
>>
>tfw you can't discuss or critique literature beyond 'i liked it' or 'i didn't like it' or 'i thought it was well-written'
>>
Yes. I'm a lit major but am silent in some (not all) classes simply because the discussions don't interest me (though the books themselves do). If I try to turn the discussion to something I find more interesting, it usually goes on that topic for <5 minutes before somebody else introduces some lame topic and it goes from there.
I am double majoring in philosophy, too. I enjoy reading lit more, but discussing philosophy more. Makes it hard to split up my reading time for each.
>>
>>7388152
I dislike talking in general except with certain few people.
>>
>>7388295
You are definitely an asshole, but who's to say you are just that?

Who made you feel awkward? Are you sure it was/is not just in your head? How and why do you love treating people like that? You don't need to answer - this is just food for thought.
>>
I don't know, I never get the chance.
>>
>>7388152
You're insecure
>>
I find there isn't too much to say about a novel after reading it other than naming the parts you liked. Im not no Harold Bloom but I wish I could get that in depth into a book.
>>
>>7388416
you could talk about why you liked them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.