[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /kindle/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: kindool.jpg (345 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
kindool.jpg
345 KB, 960x640
Who /kindle/ here?
/kobo/ is cool too
I saw no discussions about this so I'm curious how many here use an e-reader
>>
There's little to talk about, really. Imagine having the same thread but for /paper/.
>>
>>7388112
I was just interested in how many people use ereaders
Here, this might get better results
http://strawpoll.me/6094817
>>
>>7388091
I too am interested. I have been thinking about getting a kindle lately, but got disheartened when I looked on amazon and found out that a bunch of books that I want to read are actually cheaper in paperback.
>>
eBay'd a Kobo for $20, downloaded a shit ton of epubs for free. Was only unable to find an epub for a few of the books a wanted

Highly recommend. I like that no one can see what you're reading, so no one can pretend to be interested about it
>>
>>7388124
please do market research somewhere else, this post is not about literature
>>
>>7388147
I wanted to get a Kobo as well, but the Black Friday deal for the 300ppi Paperwhite was cheaper than most Kobo Glo HD offerings I could find. I hate to not have epub support, but that's for a future jailbreak I guess.
I like that nobody can see what I'm reading as well. In middle school, I read Eragon in paperback and got real tired of people talking to me about it.
>>7388155
Of course it is, it is about how people interact with their literature
>>
>>7388163
>it is about how people interact with their literature
I read nothing in the OP about that. Maybe you should have made a proper post.
>>
File: (((((((((()((((((((((((((((((.png (469 KB, 767x425) Image search: [Google]
(((((((((()((((((((((((((((((.png
469 KB, 767x425
>>7388169
Maybe so
>>
>>7388197
But you didn't, you spam the board with commercial content. Maybe you should use face cream also.
>>
I have a kindle.I love it really. It's nice that no one can see what you're reading. Also the highlight feature and vocab builder are awesome too. Project Guttenberg has a ton of classics.

Anyone have a search tool for books in kindle format?
>>
As I said in another thread, the smart /lit/ user would have both an e-reader and paper books. You aren't a lover of books if you don't have any physical books, but you'd be a fool to neglect the conveniences and practicality of an e-reader.
>>
>>7388225
Check the sticky. The wiki explains how to use Xchat and Calibre e-book manager to get pretty much any book free and convert it to kindle format.
>>
>>7388091
I have a kobo. My sister bought it as a gift for me 2 years ago or something but I didn't really use it much. Now that I have to go to the hospital for chemo every other week it gets a lot of use because it's easier to carry around than a physical book.
>>
>>7388226
>>Stop calling poor people fools, shill.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.