[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Russian Literature dead? Was it ever alive to begin with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: gogol.jpg (27 KB, 314x500) Image search: [Google]
gogol.jpg
27 KB, 314x500
Is Russian Literature dead? Was it ever alive to begin with?
>>
it flourished like 1820-1900 and died
>>
the commies killed all the culture
>>
bump. Papa Dugin in the house!!!
>>
File: 1444322590875.png (1 MB, 788x531) Image search: [Google]
1444322590875.png
1 MB, 788x531
>mfw no dead souls 2 ever
>>
File: 49124.jpg (51 KB, 538x359) Image search: [Google]
49124.jpg
51 KB, 538x359
maybe
>>
>>7387714

Was literature ever alive?
>>
>>7387766
good thing that since it's dead capitalism is picking up wjere tyhey left off
>>
>>7387714
>Gogol
>Russian
>>
File: Vladislav_Surkov.jpg (41 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
Vladislav_Surkov.jpg
41 KB, 650x434
No it's greatest writers just got jobs as propaganda ministers
>>
>>7387714
HAHAHHAA GOGOL LOOKS ALIKE A FAG; LOOKA TIS HAIR!! AHAHAHAAHA MONGOGOLOID
>>
>>7392189
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7387714

Is discussion of Russian Literature dead? Was it ever alive to begin with?
esp. >>7392189
>>
>>7390821
>b-b-but muh capitalism
lol typical butthurt commie response
>>
>>7387714

pretty sure that with the rise of religiousity and birth rate in russia that we'll have more russian lit in time
>>
File: russian kot.png (117 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
russian kot.png
117 KB, 268x265
There are probably modern russian writers out there that we dont know about.
I recently started exploring post soviet russian music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukgicXmllE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd6U26XSdG0
>>
Modern russian lit is shit as far as i know, mostly it's stalker fanfics (yeah they are being released to the bookstores in large amounts and people buy them) or some absolutely surreal shit about commies, stalins, his clones, brave red army with laser hovertanks and evil aliens. Yeah. At least that's what I see in stores. Btw I'm russian.
>>
21st century[edit]
In the 21st century, a new generation of Russian authors appeared differing greatly from the postmodernist Russian prose of the late 20th century, which lead critics to speak about “new realism”.[24] Having grown up after the fall of the Soviet Union, the "new realists" write about every day life, but without using the mystical and surrealist elements of their predecessors.

The "new realists" are writers who assume there is a place for preaching in journalism, social and political writing and the media, but that “direct action” is the responsibility of civil society.[citation needed]

Leading "new realists" include Ilja Stogoff, Zakhar Prilepin, Alexander Karasyov, Arkadi Babchenko, Vladimir Lorchenkov, Alexander Snegiryov and the political author Sergej Shargunov
>>
You can read some pelevin or sorokin if you aren't sick of fucked-up-on-drugs shit yet.
>>
>>7393689
haha that's fucking great
>>
>>7393689
For a while I wondered how one can possibly write a fanfic about Stalker until I've realized you're probably talking about the videogame.
>>
>>7395209
How would the book/movie not work?
>>
File: Пеле́вин.jpg (123 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Пеле́вин.jpg
123 KB, 500x667
>there are 'people' ITT talking about the death of modern Russian literature who haven't even read any Pelevin yet

Keks, the lot of you!
>>
>>7395633
Which book of his would you recommend? Is The Sacred Book of the Werewolf a good start?
>>
>>7393689
Nice russian retard here

https://www.google.com/search?q=тoп+пpoдaж+книг

http://www.biblio-globus.ru/content.aspx?page_id=89
http://www.moscowbooks.ru/catalog/bestsellers.asp
>>
Russian literature peaked in the 19th century, but that doesn't make it dead any more than English literature has been dead since the middle of the 17th century.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.