[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /lit/ think of any examples of post-irony in literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Heidecker-4[1].jpg (65 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Heidecker-4[1].jpg
65 KB, 600x336
Can /lit/ think of any examples of post-irony in literature?
>>
>>7386155
Tao Lin
>>
File: 1401505657845.jpg (86 KB, 760x872) Image search: [Google]
1401505657845.jpg
86 KB, 760x872
>>7386155
My twisted world
>>
>>7386167
Yeah I was waiting for this answer. I can't think of anything that actually makes him post-ironic though. As far as I'm aware he's part of the New-Sincerity movement, which I know some people term post-ironic, but I don't really mean it in that sense.

>>7386170
Are you kidding me? Rodgers was the purest, most sincere shining boy who ever lived.
>>
Post-irony and new sincerity are failures..
>>
>>7386210
I'd say post-irony is the problem and New Sincerity is the failed solution.
>>
>>7386214
Better said than I, certainly.
>>
Sorry but I'm not sure if i really understand post-irony. What exactly is it?
>>
promulgation of stupidly named "movements" without any works that even define them, as a phony way to identify and understand cultural trends, is a bigger problem for literature than any of those supposed movements are
>>
>>7386575
My completely incorrect interpretation: Say something you genuinely mean with an ironic voice.
>>
it's nice to read
>>
>>7386646
No one here is claiming that post-irony is a movement. It's an interesting description of a social phenomena and I'd like to read authors who have tackled the subject.
Also your sentence makes almost zero sense. Are you trying to be New Sincere?
>>
>>7386155
Knausgaard?
>>
>>7386575
it's when a statement is bot ironic and sincere, it's taking the absurd and making it normal
>>
>>7386575
Modern style of art or fashion that follows a phase that was ironic. Being sincere or earnest as opposed to flippant and sarcastic.
>>
>>7386155
>post-irony
Is that cornball reconstruction?
>>
>>7386575
An unintentional response to Gen X's use of sarcasm, a post-ironic comment is one which the speaker actually says what they feel, but with a sarcastic tone. A post-ironic comment is usually accompanied with a wink or some other motion to make the listener feel that the speaker is joking, even though they're not.
>>
>>7386575
new sincerity is a movement on the sincerity-irony dichotomy
post irony completely ignores that dichotomy
>>
>>7386155
whats it called when you think the incessant labelling is counterproductive, neurotic and a circlejerk of autism?

oh wait i dont care
>>
>>7386155
I saw this movie and it is not good.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.