[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled...is it shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 427x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 427x630
Now that the dust has settled...is it shit?
>>
It's required reading. Says so right there Ya dunce.
>>
>>7385146
>It's required reading.
>Toni Morrison.

How about no.
>>
File: 1437426957203.jpg (55 KB, 757x820) Image search: [Google]
1437426957203.jpg
55 KB, 757x820
Pretty irrelevant to where I live. Even so I've read more than enough black gripe stories. I also find it irritating that this is the guy who wants white people to pay black people trillions of dollars in "reparations."

Can you imagine the chaos? Months of alcohol fueled riots, people walking away from their jobs, buying luxury goods, and then ending up just as impoverished as they were before. Except for a clever minority that makese a killing of the stupidity of white liberals. It's disgusting and hateful idea.

No matter eloquent this fellow is I'm not buying into this modern guilt fest when I live in a country that never really had slavery and actually provided a good refuge for runaways and black loyalists. But of course I'm the evil white male who needs his privilege checked.
>>
>>7385225
I haven't read the book: the post
>>
>>7385228
I'm a libcu.ck: the post
>>
BLACK BODIES
>>
>>7385112
Yes it's shit. He also got BTFO by Steve Sailor.
>>
Ta-Nehisi Coates, like the rest of The Atlantic, is firmly in the category "things middle class white people read because they think it makes them seem intelligent". Nothing he says hasn't been said thousands of times before in better ways. Coates has just become a brand, so people will praise his work as representative regardless of its actual merits. It's like how everyone pretends Cornell West is an intellectual - it fits the narrative even though it's clearly not true.
Read W.E.B. DuBois and Frantz Fanon. Everything after has just been rehashing their ideas.
>>
>>7385550
Booker T Washington > W.E.B. DeBoyz

DeBoyz was just trying to ape the rich whiteys in Massachusetts, you can see his seething contempt for the Negro in everything he writes. Booker T knows his stuff.
>>
>>7385225
I used to think like that too. I was an edgelord complaining about muh sjws and thinking victims of police brutality were asking for it. But I grew out of it. I learned to empathize with my fellow human beings. I learned others have it worse than I do. AndI hope you will too, one day.
>>
>>7385550
Frantz Fanon is really good, I found his pitfalls of nationalism chapter (available online) about the failure of pan-africanism very interesting.
>>
>>7386223
Wow, you've really inspired me with your harrowing story of self-discovery. From now on I will work hard to be a sanctimonious retard like you
>>
>>7386223
heh, shut the fuck up
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.