[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /lit/ ever asked a professor for an extension on an assignment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1419754255662.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1419754255662.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
Has /lit/ ever asked a professor for an extension on an assignment? Ever been denied?I just did and I feel pathetic.
>>
File: 1426370625381.jpg (22 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
1426370625381.jpg
22 KB, 399x295
>>7384634
Look, if you can finish it, and the teacher gave you the extension, you should be happy and use it as a learning experience to FUCKING DO YOUR GOD DAMN HOMEWORK YOU FUCKING SHITHEAD CLASSICS MAJOR HOLY SHIT
>>
>>7384634
I wrote a paper so far in advance that I forgot to bring it to class the day it was due. I asked the prof. if I could run home and bring it to her in under and hour and she said no, I could just write it then. It was a paper that was 6 pages long with references to a movie and two books. It was also a freshman history class. I gave it to her regardless and still got a solid zero on it.

tl;dr Quit being a fucking bitch
>>
Having missed a class meeting I looked at the syllabus to see what we went over. To my shock the term paper was due. I had not thought of a topic, yet alone started a paper at all.

I went to the professor's office hours and spewed some bullshit about a topic idea, and the research I had for it. We had a nice little conversation about it and he gave me another week to turn it in.

I got an A- on it.
>>
>>7384634
I've never done it personally because I'm a masochist, but people at my (notoriously demanding) alma mater requested and received extensions all the time with no grade penalty. Some courses even had multiple deadlines on the syllabus with minor grade penalties for taking a later one for just this reason.

If you're actually a good student, the professor will know who you are and actually believe you're trying.
>>
>>7384634
Did once, but it's because I lost my textbook and I showed the prof my Amazon receipt for a new textbook with priority shipping.

He just waived the assignment for me.
>>
>>7384634
Yeah, had an unanticipated death in the family and had to travel for the funeral.
>>
Yeah, it's not a big deal if you've built up good will with the prof by attending class and participating (bonus point if attended office hours), assuming a small class.
>>
>>7384634
never had any problems with extensions, i just deliver it late, nps
>>
I constantly got exceptions and extensions and favors by being genuine about it while also lying like a motherfucker.

It's a precarious balance.
>>
>>7384634
I've done it a couple times.
Never been denied.
Usually ended up getting a better deal than I expected.
>>
>>7385300
This is me. All the time, everywhere. Nobody's figured it out yet.
>>
>>7385300
>>7385335
Considering writing a novel about this, honestly
>>
>>7385473
Meh. DFW already wrote it better. That story could have been extracted from the mind of the half the people on the board.
>>
>>7384634
>write paper
>turn in paper
>professor gives it C+ tells me I could have done better and tells me to rewrite it
>rewrite it over the next week
>bring it in and turn it in
>she had been deducting 10 points per day as per her policy for late papers
>gives me an "Excellent" and a 0
>tell her what she did was illogical and backhanded
>she said "welcome to the real world"
>I gave her a 0 on rate my professor
>>
>7385873
Jesus Christ
I would've gone to the department chair.
Women in academia
>>
>>7385873
>real world
>giving you directions to do something
>penalized you for doing it

Yep that does sound like the real world actually.
>>
>>7385917
Sounds like she is preparing anon for marriage
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.