[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll just drop this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Max_Stirner2_400x400.png (139 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner2_400x400.png
139 KB, 400x400
I'll just drop this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvsoVgc5rGs
>>
Interesting, this is actually making me want to pick the book up
>>
Listened to the whole thing

I wish he brought up more edgy examples
>>
That was great OP, now I'm listening to that guy talk about Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1J7OoErWvs&list=PL6rzdODmcL64MwchkZavZbeUYMqWIFD-7
>>
>>7384864
ive listened to all of his philosopher lectures twice, some thrice. love his humane arts lectures as well
>>
So these are actually good then? Like educational and sourced? Made by someone who knows his shit and not a pseud?
>>
>>7385057
Stirner one is so far actually very good, I'm about halfway in.
>>
Wes Cecil is pretty decent.
Maybe he doesn't go extremely deep into the philosophers but he does enough, and he's entertaining to listen to.
Was my go-to thing to put on while lifting.
>>
>>7385343
update: 25:45 he says that Stirner says people are good, that's not really true (no biggie, though)
>>
>>7385361
okay now he said that Stirner wants us to be the best possible version of ourselves, that's actually opposed to how Stirner argues his case...
>>
>>7385374
Thanks for the updates. You've convinced me to take a listen too
>>
>>7385374
That's because he wants to remain lighthearted and avoid any edge
>>
File: kel.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
kel.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>7384591
this guy's prosody is wonderful, he is so passionate and clear.

>>7384859
I really liked the topical examples. Using, say, the nazis, he would be pretty cliche.

>>7385057
this lecture seems to not have many quotes and citations, would have preffered more. Am asking the same question; is this guy just telling us what he thinks or what is actually in the books?

>>7385358
that lack-of-depth is totally what I got, feels like he made all the normal things that Stirner said make sense but then ignored the more esoteric or difficult bits.

>>7385478
is philosophy not inherently pushing edges? I wonder what the point of a philosophy that was only warm and reassuring of what we already do would be?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.