[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some books about gaining confidence? No shitty "self-help"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1427836411992.jpg (1 MB, 2800x2100) Image search: [Google]
1427836411992.jpg
1 MB, 2800x2100
What are some books about gaining confidence?

No shitty "self-help" books full of fillers, please.
>>
>>7384365
Just stop being such a fucking faggot you fucking faggot.
>>
The Ego and His Own
>>
>>7384375
I have read it.
It's not related to confidence at all.
>>
The Game by Neil Strauss really helped me out. There are people who will dismiss it because it's a "pick-up artist" book, but those people missed the point entirely.
>>
Read or better yet LISTEN TO "Think and grow rich"

not a shitty "self help" with fillers.
>>
biographical: The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt
about a little bitch who transformed himself into the man's man
>>
On Self Reliance is pretty good and generally uplifting.
>>
>>7384471
How isn't it? It's not self-help--its goal isn't giving you confidence, but what could give you more confidence than dispelling all the spooks that haunt your mind and embracing your uniqueness?
>>
>>7384485
Fuck this, not even dismissing it on the ground which you've stated. The book is not about learning pick up, just a the real story of a nerd-to-player shitty writer. I give the man his props because he really is good at picking up chicks, but the book is garbage. It's more like an introductory, that leaves you wanting to know more about the pick up community rather than something that is enjoyable and satiable.

Here's an awesome list:
http://www.rsdnation.com/node/241735/forum
>>
>>7384365
Start lifting and reading Mishima. You'll be a manly man in no time. Also watching Derek Jarman movies is optional but recommended.
>>
why would you want to read a book about gaining confidence

to get more confidence?
i doubt that would work
>>
>>7385410
It's like reading a book on physical exercise to get fit. Reading it by itself doesn't do anything, but it can help if you actually *do* something with the information.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.