[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more terrifying than staring at a blank page?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: bp.jpg (20 KB, 425x410) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
20 KB, 425x410
Is there anything more terrifying than staring at a blank page?
>>
death
>>
>>7383301
Staring at a page and realizing that all of the writing on it is shit.
>>
"This page intentionally left blank."
>>
>>7383307
this

it's like reminiscing on your life and realizing your only regret is not having killed yourself sooner
>>
>>7383307
This. That moment just before you tip over the edge of thinking "this is all bad"
>>
File: those dubs2.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
those dubs2.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>7383344
my only regret was not checking these dubs sooner
>>
cause I've got a blank space baby and I'll write a literary masterpiece!
>>
there's nothing more sexy than a blank page
>>
>>7383307
yep.
>>
>>7383301
A 6'5" negro running straight toward you wearing nothing but an erect penis and a smile.
>>
File: 2014-11-01 10.59.39.png (998 KB, 720x992) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-01 10.59.39.png
998 KB, 720x992
>>7383307
>>
>>7383301
the inevitable downfall of western civilization at the hands of the Judeo-marxo-islamo-feminist enemy
>>
>>7383301
ghosts are pretty scary
>>
If you look at a blank page and feel scared, and not excited that you have a fresh sheet to work with, maybe you're not cut out for writing.
>>
>>7383307
I'm 8 pages into an essay about Thomas Paine and anarchism and I'm feeling this really hard. I can't even get myself to finish it because my writing is complete shit and the topic is overly pretentious for a 200 level American lit course. But it's due tomorrow so I'm fucked.
>>
>>7383307
I'll top this and say the first page of a short story that I've rewritten three ways already and am still unsatisfied, but unsure what actually works anymore. I just can't let go.
>>
>>7384563
My tip: scrap it. I've focused so much time into one thing so many times, and it only leads to a sort of stagnation.
>>
>>7384571
I've left it and returned 6 months, a year later. Condensed it, changed POV,... I like the concept so I can't fully scrap it... I think I may go from short story to a novel, or have it as a side plot in a bigger work.
>>
>>7384537

I am right there with you, man. I just finished off an essay on White Noise that makes me sick to even look at.
>>
>>7383301
protip: title it "warm up exercise" so you can feel free to write whatever

you can take out the good parts later to revise
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.