[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey brose i really enjoyed pic related (no pleb) and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 257x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 257x400
hey brose

i really enjoyed pic related (no pleb) and was wondering if you guys liked it too.

had to read it for a class and at first i was like "fucking lady writers in muh canon" but really it was really good. it felt like a non-pretentious, more heartfelt DFW tbqhwyf.

it also (forgive my diction please) reads, like, 'accidentally politically.'

it made me empathize hxc with ethnic minorities but not in a forceful way. not "they're people too, white devil!" but just a story about a lot of lost people being lost.

literally felt myself growing as a person while i read this book. what /lit/ tink?
>>
>>7382903
>female authors
>non-white authors
>head rags
>books written by DFW's audience pussy
>>
>>7382914

you have not read the book, then?
>>
>>7382918
>reading authors who's names don't start with David and end with Foster Wallace
>>
>>7382914
>>7382923
>>>/r/books

>>7382903
I haven't read any of her works. What does it focus on?
>>
>>7382903
half way through it right now. really enjoying it so far

that cover is so ugly though. the colourful one is much better
>>
>hey brose
die
>>
I remember watching and enjoying the miniseries when it aired on PBS a long time ago.
>>
>>7382931
>referencing DFW is /r/books
Has this meme gone the way of calling people 'fedora' where is has lost any meaning?
>>
>>7382991
Talking about books you haven't read and making dumb jokes that aren't funny is /r/books material.
>>
>>7382994
>discussing how great trendy minority books are
>>>/r/books
>>
>>7382903
Some of the most charming prose I've read. To think this was her debut is pretty wild because it's written so well.

I enjoyed it even though I think it went on about 70 pages longer than it should have.

8.5/10.
>>
White Teeth is a great book, one of the best novels written so far in the 21st century in my opinion. Ridiculous that she wrote it when she was only 25.

The first section is a little slow and some of the twists toward the end get a little silly but the middle ~300-400 pages is A+++ stuff.
>>
>>7382931

bunch of Londoners scrambling around, really. it's not very focused on anything in particular, and if you reduce it to an overall theme it becomes a cliche. you should read it. it's like 450 pages but it goes fast.
>>
>>7382903
this is shit. infinite jest is better.
>>
It's shit. She was 25 when it came out and it shows. Sentimental pro-miscegnation garbage from an author who is so obviously a narcissist. Watch / listen to her recent college graduation speech and you'll know what I mean. She is the worst kind of self-promoter.
>>
>>7383116

This post makes me want moreso to read the book.
>>
>>7382903

>at first i was like "fucking lady writers in muh canon"

haha retard

White Teeth isn't my kind of narrative at all, but it is pretty good
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.