[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.thelittleprince.com/haya o-miyazaki-favorite-book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
http://www.thelittleprince.com/hayao-miyazaki-favorite-book/

How does this make you feel? How would you rate the tastes of the God of Anime?
>>
Didn't even read the list, but I know he's a pleb
>>
>>7382886
Mostly well-written great children's books, which makes it clear where his inspiration is from.
>>
>>7382907
shame on you
>>
File: 2014-05-26_00004.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-26_00004.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
>>7382886
>the king of bland shit that the normies can digest
fixd.
>>
>>7382974
FIRST OF ALL HOW DARE YOU,
but seriously, his ability isn't even remotely in question.
>>
>>7382886
The little prince is better than Miyazaki could ever hope to be
>>
>>7382985
Miyazaki is great director and meh writer
>>
>>7383012
Hmm. I can see what you mean (although I don't necessarily agree), particularly because he likes to adapt books, but his ability for visuals is arguably more important. The fact his movies are so famous in America is especially impressive when you consider how much he loves his stretches of silence. Which usually causes conniptions otherwise. For example, look at the difference between the american and the japanese trailers for Howell's Moving Castle.
I once showed the american trailer to a friend to which she said she wasn't really interested in it, and when I showed her the japanese trailer, she was immediately interested.

I can only imaging how frustrating it must be for Miyazaki to see his films marketed to an American audience.

Anyway, his films are beautiful.
>>
>>7382886
I've read like half of those. Fancy.
>>
His taste is really quite refined for someone who loves children's books.

might read The Humpbacked Horse
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.