[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this book. Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
I just finished this book. Is it good?
>>
No.
>>
You tell me.
>>
I don't know, I've never read it.
>>
>>7382139
Maybe
>>
>>7382139
>I just finished this book
>is it good?

what
>>
>>7382326
He's afraid of the enormous intellect of the average /lit/rarian.

If OP has the incorrect opinion we will of course throw him out of our little gathering, he will become an outcast, a vagabond, too knowledgable for the world; too daft for /lit/.

What OP is not yet aware of is that we're all too afraid of the same to confess our true sentiment.
>>
>>7382139
Quality post. (serious)
>>
>>7382139
>I just finished this book. Is it good?
I'm liking this new meme
>>
no. as Jesse Eisenberg points out in the movie, part of the reason for DFW's success was probably his good looks.
>>
>>7382139

Try this man:

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

I haven't read it. I'm about a quarter through Infinite Jest. I have read a few of his short stories though, namely Good Old Neon (1) and The Depressed Person (2), and I quite liked them. Good Old Neon in particular I found enjoyable and profound. Funny too - the part where he ruminates about the prize from his meditation instructor had me laughing out loud. The Depressed Person was somewhat interesting, but ultimately not as satisfying as some of his other work.

What was your favourite from oblivion?

1: http://kalamazoo.coop/sites/default/files/Good%20Old%20Neon.pdf

2: http://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/HarpersMagazine-1998-01-0059425.pdf
>>
File: 1304833202990.jpg (34 KB, 194x221) Image search: [Google]
1304833202990.jpg
34 KB, 194x221
Haven't read all of them but the one's I have I really liked.

I particularly enjoyed "Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature" and "Another Pioneer". Superb stuff.
>>
>>7382139
You fucks here are pathetic.

YOU read the book, and you're asking us about our subjective conjectures?

Is it that you haven't actually read the book, and you want to parrot our words as if they were your own?
>>
>>7382483

If it isn't intended satire, it is at least thought-provoking.
>>
>>7382505
>i-i was just pretending to be retarded guys

I'm sure this will be his response, and Sir gave it to him
>intended satire
>>
>>7382524
This is 100% a joke. It started on /tv/ and there was a popular thread yesterday where someone posted a movie and wrote
>I just finished watching this. Is it good?

The meme is being spread here.
>>
>>7382524
>i was just pretending to be retarded

I'm sick of seeing people respond with this when the initial post was a joke. Yes, not all jokes are based on facts. In fact, I'm sure you'll find, most turn on an exaggeration or outright lie. Sorry if that triggers your mental illness.
>>
>>7382526
I (OP) don't think I've ever been on /tv/ before and wasn't even online yesterday. There must either be some odd sort of rippling effect going on, or... you wouldn't be trying to screw with me, would you? All I can find on this is a 3 months old thread on "Sheeky forums", though there seems to be something off about that website too...?
>make joke
>reality crisis
>>
>>7382547
I want to.... fuck you for some reason.....

Is your backpussy suppl ???
>>
>>7382563
Sheeky forums is a scam. I was just looking at an archived /pol/ thread explaining it, but basically this spanish guy set up a site that mirrors all posts on the top ten most active 4chan boards and generates usernames/pics for them to trick advertisers into thinking he runs a really active site. You can find the /qa/ threads if you google around.

Here is the /tv/ thread from yesterday. See the older incarnation posted in the comments:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/62953954/
>>
Read a few stories out of it. Good old Neon was fucking fantastic, but I think I'll go back and read The Soul is Not a Smithy
>>
>>7382634
Oh, okay. There was one on Sept 7 too, so I'm going with coincidence.
>>
>>7382524

Merely playing the Dane, plebeian.
>>
>>7382393
>What was your favourite from oblivion?
For some reason those stories I liked the least (Good Old Neon, Soul is not a smithy) always seem to be everybody's favorites from this one.

How about Brief Interviews? That's the one The Depressed Person is collected in btw.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
The game was better.
>>
>>7382885

Have read Brief Interviews and thoroughly enjoyed it. Much more of a raw human emotion going on in there imo
>>
>>7382139
I haven't read it but it's okay.
>>
>>7382139
I know this is a troll, but yeah, it contains some of his best writing, he really was in his peak during Brief Interviews, Oblivion, and The Pale King. I don't particularly care fore IJ though. My pick for best in Oblivion is Mister Squishy.
>>
>>7385152
Is the Pale King closer to Mister Squishy than IJ then? It sounds like it might be.
>>
The Suffering Channel was shit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.