[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished The Master and Margarita and read Morphine a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: dogsheart.jpg (21 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
dogsheart.jpg
21 KB, 226x346
I just finished The Master and Margarita and read Morphine a few weeks ago. Now I want to read A Dog's Heart/Heart of a Dog, but I'm not sure which translation I should go for. I think pic related has the prettiest cover, but which copy has the best translation?

I read the Burgin/O'Connor translation of The Master and Margarita, and it seemed pretty well done, but had I known that P&V translated it, I would have gone for that instead.
>>
>>7381913
Just go for whatever.
>>
>>7381913
Learn Russian
>>
>>7381997

This to be honest, family.
>>
>>7381913
>had I known that P&V translated it, I would have gone for that instead
Que? I read P&V and was close to giving up halfway. Some of it was borderline unreadable.
>>
File: hot doggo.png (727 KB, 937x764) Image search: [Google]
hot doggo.png
727 KB, 937x764
>>7381913

I just finished The Master and Margarita and read Heart of a Dog a few months ago. Now I want to read Morphine. Isn't that odd?
>>
>>7381997
It's really pretty easy, especially if you just plan on reading it.
>>
Read The White Guard, its great, specially if you know history.
>>
I was perfectly happy with Burgin/O'Connor. Don't buy in to the P&V hype.
>>
>>7382054
P&V's translation of The Master & Margarita is regarded to be worse than Burgin/O'connor's.
>>
>>7384906
Well that's good to know. I have yet to read a P&V to be honest. This is the first time I've seen someone on here not circle jerking about them, so I just assumed they actually were the best.

Have you a recommendation on an Anna Karenina translation? I've a mind to read that over winter.
>>
>>7383718
It's not odd. You just have good taste, anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.