[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever used OmmWriter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Have you ever used OmmWriter?
>>
are there any free programs like that?
>>
>>7381659
pyroom?
>>
>>7381639
Just use vi you fucking retarded fags
>>
>>7383990
use what?
>>
yes, but only toying with it. If I want to get serious I use something else.
>>
After seeing it here, I checked it out for myself. I have to say I actually am digging it. Thanks OP!
>>
>>7384001
ed
>>
>>7383990
wtf is vi? I googled it and it just looks like some kind of old school word processor thing
>>
>>7384892
hm?
>>
what do you guys think of this?

http://download.cnet.com/ZenWriter/3000-2351_4-75416129.html
>>
>>7381639

I looked at it but would never give up the functionality of google docs in full-screen.
>>
>>7385543
As much as I enjoy google docs for it's usefulness, there's just too many things I want it to have that it'll never get. But I have no choice, so I'll continue to use it.
>>
I'll support you schill, Got in to OmmWriter when it was still in beta stages, dev team gave me pro for free, loved it and used it constantly until HDD failed.

It's a great tool for clean space writing, ie exactly what it's made for. Not made to be a word processor by any means, just distraction free.

>HDD fails, can't re-dl Pro
>having to use ghetto test version
>implying I don't just transfer it to Libre later anyway.
>>
>>7385147
nano
>>
>>7386510
>Got in to OmmWriter when it was still in beta stages, dev team gave me pro for free
Same here. I was using it back before it was cool. I gave them some feedback, but then stopped writing shortly after that so I haven't used it since.
>>
>>7384001
pleb
>>7385040
>word processor
Oh God, it hurts.
>>
>>7386485
>there's just too many things I want it to have that it'll never get
like what?
>>
>>7386573
Well I'd like more functionality in the comments. Like making bold, italics easier as well as the addition of colored text. Comments can be on both sides of the doc instead of one (it can get awful cluttered on the one side) as well as changing the highlighted text for comments. Not to mention comments can't be carried over with a simple copy/paste of the text to a new doc. Also, making a copy of the current doc doesn't keep the comments.

The Download As should have more options. The only one that keeps comments is the web page one.

Printing from Docs doesn't come out exactly as it's shown.

Maybe even an alternate comments where you hover over the highlighted text and a small pop up window appears?

There's all sorts of little things that I'd appreciate.
>>
>>7386533
Do you really feel good about yourself because you heard of some obsolete software? You must be made of pure rat shit if you get a rush of pride from that, you pathetic, mouthbreathing cuntstain.
>>
>>7388158
>>7386533
Laugh with me bro, this guy is killing me
>>
>>7385537
A more expensive OmmWriter clone by the looks of it.

>>7387293
You can use markdown for formatting plaintext. Handy for **bolds** and *italics*

You can write in markdown in OmmWriter and then just convert it using https://markable.in/editor/

(Or just use a converter like that as is)

I personally find markdown to be simpler now than actually using formatting. I don't have to stop typing to click any buttons or use a command. Plus word processors are finicky sometimes, where markdown is more literal.

Everything between * and * will be italics. None of that shit where you backspace a word after some italics, and then it starts typing in italics.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.