[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nihilism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Image0184.jpg (45 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Image0184.jpg
45 KB, 1200x1600
Any recommendations for nihilist literature of any kind?
Also nihilism general.

What is purer and more satisfyingly absolute than a belief in nothing at all?
>>
>>7381504
It's pretty great. You begin to appreciate things for just what they are to you, which feels freeing and appears to work just fine for me.

It triggers the fuck out of Christians though.
>>
>>7381519
They dont exist, nothing exists
>>
>>7381527
The concept of existence doesn't exist
>>
how could nihilism be communicated?
>>
>>7381519
Yea truly. Somehow I find it extremely comforting.
>>
>>7381527
that's not what nihilism is
that's solipsism or idealism depending on how you mean those five words you said
>>
>>7381532
I think it could be communicated to a point but yea ultimately it'd be up to the individual to see its truth in its infinity.
>>
>>7381532
It means that concepts like meaning, morality and basically any form of "ought" are at best handy guidelines and aren't rooted in a universal concrete truth. There are innumerable ways to think and act following from this, so it can't really describe how you choose to proceed.
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513 KB, 2048x1366
Choose your fate
>>
>>7381553It means that concepts like meaningIt means that concepts like meaningIt means that concepts like meaningIt means that concepts like memeingIt
>>
nihilism is a transcendent negative and only works for the cryptoreligious unhealthy and naive.
>>
>>7381570
Nihilism isn't negative. That's a common and profound misunderstanding. It is complete neutrality for there is no objective good or bad. Whoever feels sad that there is no inherent meaning or objective truth is misguided.
>>
>>7381576
I did not mean negative in the context of emotion. Why are you so quick to defend your inauthentic feelings?
>>
>>7381600
In what context is it negative, then? Because I hold that it is neutral throughout.
>>
>>7381613
I lost my whole reply so this is a half answer... Negative meaning absence. It is saying that all is in nothing when in reality that is damaging nothing as a word
>>
>>7381504
Stirner
>>
>>7381628
So what? Just because our language falls short of being able to articulate some concepts doesn't invalidate them.
>>
>>7381644
It is not the language that fails it is the writer.
>>
>>7381634
cool. where start?
>>
>>7381661
What writer? Your argument is so vague.
>>
>>7381644
"If I say I am not writing this sentence" dose that mean I'm not the author of the previous sentence is that a failure of the language?
>>
>>7381664
James Joyce
>>
>>7381664
Any person who writes who can not explain what they are trying to communicate is at fault personally it is not the fault of a language. This may seem ironic beacuse my explanation is not working.
>>
>>7381678
I disagree. I absolutely think that English language is incapable of communicating many concepts. A simple and obvious example is its incapability of describing a colour.
>>
>>7381694
Words can explain everything beacuse everything is smaller than words. You are explaining things that you can't explain by explaining that you can' explain them.

"A simple and obvious example colour"
I'm not sure if I'm think about what you are intending to say
>>
>>7381694
If this is more clear. Words are explanation and they are only limited by the writer which if he claims that it can't be explained is unaware that he is explaining something.
Something that can't be explained is something that we couldn't say is something can't be explained.
>>
>>7381720
Ok I understand what you mean there but how does this relate back?
>>
>>7381726
That when you say that there is that nothing is significant it. It is equitable to saying that I did not write this.
>>
>>7381733
The second that shouldn't be there
>>
>>7381737
You shouldn't be here.
>>
>>7381662
The Ego and his Own
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.