[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. how do you make a novel go on without it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: circut.png (36 KB, 1105x585) Image search: [Google]
circut.png
36 KB, 1105x585
I don't get it.

how do you make a novel go on without it getting boring?

I honestly think 90% of published novels are terribly written, and most of them use 4th grade techniques such as spamming descriptive words like "When the beautiful sunset came from the nightingale I rose upon my bedsheets."

That is what most novels look like to me which is why I don't bother reading.

I am a published author and I don't know how to write a complete novel that is constantly attention grabbing and high quality. What do people do to keep you reading?
>>
I think you might be an idiot.
>>
>>7381031
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

No that doesn't fit my description.

Answer the question though please.
>>
>>7381028
>published author
What have you written?
>>
>>7381043
Short stories.
>>
just have the characters do crazy ass shit every few pages, that'd be exciting i'd deffo read something like that
>>
>>7381046
Just write stories about the same character and place them in chronological order?
>>
>>7381055
>>7381057
lol sure
>>
Have you thought about writing something interesting?
>>
>>7381067
Ya that's all I do, but it is hard to make it take in the people of today's weak minds.
>>
>>7381028
>spamming descriptive words
>"spamming" to refer to fiction

bredy gud b8, or hopeless pleb autist. OP is a nightingale faggot either way.
>>
>>7381028

Who says you have to make it "go on"? Your story can be as brief as you want it to be.
>>
File: ku-xlarge.gif (24 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.gif
24 KB, 640x800
synthesize description & concision without sacrificing rhythm.

underplay the emotional aspects - it allows the reader to subconsciously adopt the nuance, project their contribution & relate to the story.

play with ontological metaphor. none of your characters will ever be original. work towards embodying dynamic archetypes, but without becoming too predictable or on-the-nose.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.