[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“Surely, you must be joking,” Aech said. >“No, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: cover.jpg (24 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
24 KB, 329x500
>“Surely, you must be joking,” Aech said.
>“No, I am not joking. And don’t call me Shirley.
>>
>>7380053
>“Where’s your proof, dipshit?” I asked.
>>
I know nothing about law, so I want to ask, can there be any sort of legal action for the use of that?
>>
>>7380111
Right!?
To so blatantly steal a line from Call of Duty . . . disgusting!
>>
>>7380053

but he didn't call him Shirley? I don't get it.
>>
File: tumblr_mjx6ubOZxE1rp78t3o1_500.png (134 KB, 469x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjx6ubOZxE1rp78t3o1_500.png
134 KB, 469x278
>>7380168
>>
>>7380203

I think it's because Surely sounds like Shirley? But it says right there, "Surely," so I don't know where the confusion comes from.
>>
>>7380205
You're either on drugs or a dumkopf
>>
>>7380111
None. This is fair use, it would be silly if it wasn't. Imagine writing a story about a detective solving a murder committed during some sci-fi convention. It would be weird if the description of the setting would mention a the victim having pointy ears and a blue shirt and the tall murderer wearing a brown furry suit with a shiny bandolier instead of naming the characters they were dressed up as.

The character in this book has a penchant for referencing bits of 80s popular culture, so the reference here is in-character.
>>
Literally the lowest form of humor is an empty reference to a joke someone else made.
>haha remember Airplane??
This book is trash.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>7380224

>implying in the future people won't see all these references as a profound comment on the culture of our times and that in the future literary scholars will research this book and its references as extensively as they do for Ulysses
>>
>>7380205
Top kek.
>>
>>7380232
no because I am linking your post through my world spanning information database to every copy of this silly book. I am rewriting every entry on the internet in my little secret internet cave to include the fact that the joke was made before and a warning in a hot pocket to not see big ideas in little text.
>>
>>7380111
I think that's just fair use. If you tried to make it your title you might have an issue, but just a quotation in a book is very minor legal matter is any.
>>
>>7380053
What a disappointing book.
>>
>>7380264
wut
>>
>>7380053
That book was just the worst.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.