[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High-Testosterone Philosophers writings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: basedjew.jpg (40 KB, 435x561) Image search: [Google]
basedjew.jpg
40 KB, 435x561
Spinoza is probably the lowest-test philosopher:
1) No libido
2) Fat
3) Hair loss
4) Looks tired and depressed
5) Weak

His books also represent a sterile, logical structure. Of course, i agree with spinoza on determinism and such.

He looks a bit like Harold Bloom, also low testosterone. Are there any high-testosterone philosphers?
1) High libido
2) Not fat, may be builtfat
3) Hairy
4) Full of energy and will to dominate
5) Strong

Their books would be like dynamite, very life-affirming.
>>
Plato, obv
>>
>>7379802
not you to be quite honest with you family member
>>
>>7379802
foucault pre aids
>>
aristotle is the only good answer desu
>>
>>7379802

Hair loss is high test, desu senpai.
>>
>>7379802
High-testosterone guys can't think. They can attract women, sure, but they can't think. They belong in gyms and clubs, away from libraries and universities. To call Spinoza a low-testosterone thinker is to call him a clear thinker.
>>
Marquis de Sade
>>
>>7379802
Spinoza could prove that your mother never loved you in just eleven simple propositions.

Q.E.D.
>>
what's this thread about again?
>>
File: dasein just kicked in.jpg (153 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dasein just kicked in.jpg
153 KB, 640x360
>high test
>determinism

uhh, why are you falling for the meme of destiny/astrology pretending to be science

literally kek tier

Heidegger Is high-test as fuck

>Life affirming philosophy
>about individual authenticity and not being an inauthentic weak they-self-being
>fucked qt jewess mistress student
>had submissive wife
>was a nazi
>had several mistresses
>never apologized for being a nazi even when he might have gone to trial
>dick was so good hanna excused his war crimes
>BTFO all of philosophy to this day

There is literally not a philosopher as high test since the ancient greeks DESU
>>
Plato
>named for his broad shoulders
>used to be the best wrestler amongst the lads
>would go 'round Athens spreading mad banter
>fucked your mum
>>
>>7379899
All right I'm totally sold. What is required reading before Heidegger?
>>
Let's not kid ourselves; high test people usually aren't attracted to nerdy vocations. To be involved in the life of the mind you have to accept years of isolated study and contemplation. If you're high test, you'd need to have something wrong with you to want to do this (mental illness, poor environment, emotional trauma), because you'd need to ignore your "high libido" and the way you're "full of energy and will to dominate".
>>
>>7379863
beta detected
>>
>>7379925
Kant/Hegel I guess. Sartre is good even though he came after, just so you'll be used to the phenomenologist writing style.
>>
>>7379928
that sounds retarded as fuck
>>
icycalm

Have you seen the guy? He's fit. Mixed martial arts, swimming, snowboarding, etc. His writing style is also the most aggressive type of philosophy ever written. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's killed a man before.
>>
>>7379944
No, just being realistic. High-testosterone guys don't have the patience to be intellectuals. Their desires push them around in life. Is it that hard for you understand? Think about it. I'm not trying to disparage the "alphas" you so admire. The life of a high-testosterone male is probably a more exciting one. But it's different. They're not best suited to certain lifestyles, like the lifestyle of a writer.
>>
>>7379925
Husserl
>>
File: manlet wisdom.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
manlet wisdom.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>>7379899
he's a confirmed kek
>>
>>7379963
If you think the literary lifestyle is incompatible with the high-test life then you'se probably a bitch. Get off my board batty boy:
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7379963
>who is Camus
>>
>>7379959
go die again turkspore
>>
>>7379981
This is what I mean. High-testosterone guys have a hard time communicating in a calm, dispassionate manner, as a great philosopher should, and they fail to see nuance so everything is put into simple categories. Since I'm not worshiping the "alphas" I'm therefore a "beta" who belongs on /r9k/. Nonsense! I suggest you get off my board.

Let's look at some modernist writers. There's high-test Hemingway, and then there's low-test Joyce and Proust. Two of these writers were much better than one.
>>
what the fuck is this high test bullshit you guys are talking about and how is it relevant?
are there even serious studies about high testosrerone?
>>
>>7380011
Proust >>>>>>>>>> the other two fuckwits
>>
>>7380011

>they fail to see nuance so everything is put into simple categories.

Do you realize the MASSIVE irony of what you just wrote?

Testosterone boosts cognition. Suggested treatment for men with cognitive deficits and low T is testosterone replacement.

As for the Joyce, Proust and Hemingway, what was that thing you said about simple categories again?
>>
>>7380011
You believe I intend to act how a 'great philosopher' should? You're a wetty lad. And Hemingway--high test?! Please don't talk such shite. Nay, I speak a' Caesar when I say high-test; I mean Plato; Mishima; Heidegger and Feynman. Joyce was nay a beta either; farts on a cock belong to a man with a will of rock.
>>
File: 3DarbRd.jpg (58 KB, 565x575) Image search: [Google]
3DarbRd.jpg
58 KB, 565x575
>>7380060
>>
File: heidegger.jpg (87 KB, 359x500) Image search: [Google]
heidegger.jpg
87 KB, 359x500
>>7379925
Husserl's cartisean meditations is a good point to start understanding what kind of thing Heidegger is doing.

But its important to have understanding of kant/hegel/Nietzsche and the greeks as well.

Dont worry, he basically tells you what he is talking about while he goes though 'being and time'

Be warned he is a difficult read. really really difficult.
>>
>>7379802
this thread is the best evidence for why 4chan was a terrible idea.
>>
>>7379963
THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETELETON

Protip: In real life you don't have to trade fitness for intelligence and patience. As if intelligence and patience are synonymous anyway.
>>
ITT: /pol/, /fit/, and /r9k/

>>>/trash/
>>
>>7380060
>farts on a cock belong to a man with a will of rock.

kek
well said

Joyce does get beta at times unfortunately. makes Ulysses hard to read for me at some points, but he has several high test moments as well.

He was probably beta+ irl. beta-ish but not accepting betahood
>>
File: 1404773233087.jpg (474 KB, 1619x1725) Image search: [Google]
1404773233087.jpg
474 KB, 1619x1725
>>7380068
Fuck off cunt muppet
>>
francis parker yockey
>>
>>7380011
Nobody with low test fucks farts.
>>
>>7379860
>what baldlets tell themselves
>>
>>7379802
"I am no man, I am dynamite"
- Friedrich Nietzsche
>>
>>7380059
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17132744
>Testosterone levels decline as men age, as does cognitive function. Whether there is more than a temporal relationship between testosterone and cognitive function is unclear.
>unclear
>>
>>7379828
>Plato
>high libido
Plato is omega
>>
>>7379982
>Camus said anything worthwhile in his shit tier philosophy.
>>
File: 1385128205747.jpg (21 KB, 274x409) Image search: [Google]
1385128205747.jpg
21 KB, 274x409
>>7379863
>baiting so hard
>>
You do know that hair loss is actually increased by high test, right OP?
>>
>>7382217

There is no corelation between the two.
Hair loss is dependant on the conversion of testosterone by an enzyme. It's the amount of enzymes that changes the amount of baldness.
>>
>>7379899

heidegger was literally schizophrenic
>>
>>7382234

You do know that you can have all the enzymes of the world, and would still need to have the substrate to make them work, right?

Also, higher test = higher enzyme function, ultill a certain threshold ofc.
>>
>>7381326
I wonder if he thought that up while crying during his daily bout of diarrhea from eating too much fruit.
>>
>>7379802
Very subtle(not really) attempt at a philosophy thread on /lit/ OP, you sure fooled us
>>
Marcus Aurelius, to be honest. Read his meditations.
>>
Hiro please make /flit/ for threads like these
>>
>>7382528
They already have
>>>/his/phil
And
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7382534
no, /flit/ is /fit/ + /lit/,
It is the board where we talk about how muscly authors were and "could you wrestle Chretien de Troyes into the ground?"
Next there's /falit/ where we compare philosopher's moustaches.
Then of course /toylit/ where we discuss toy instruction manuals and shit
>>
>>7382543
You can make threads about toy instruction manuals on /toy/ or /lit/, it's finding people to participate in the threads is the problem.
>>
>>7382557
it's a joke you big goofus
also /toylit/ sounds like toilet
>>
File: 69324_eliade-mircea.jpg (9 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
69324_eliade-mircea.jpg
9 KB, 200x291
>>7379802

Mircea Eliade. Right wing mystical christian assassin with the Iron Guard. Spends his 20's in the himalayas learning how to levitate/fucking tantric QT's. Pwns academia. Hated on big time after he dies. True man.
>>
Epicurus
Plato
Aristotle
Epictetus
Aurelius
Plotinus
Boethius
St. Augustine of Hippo
St. Boniface (stretching the idea of philosophy here)
St. Anselm of Canterbury
William of Ockham
Rene Descartes

--------REIGN OF THE KEKOLDS-------

Martin Heidegger
Theodor Adorno
>>
>>7379828
>>7379923
protip: not "broad" in the sense you are thinking
>>7379843
agree about good old Aristotle, what about marcus aurelius?
>>7379899
>>7379925
>falling for the heidegger meme
>>7379982
based anon
>>7380060
leave
>>
File: 200px-Anthony_Ludovici.png (36 KB, 200x276) Image search: [Google]
200px-Anthony_Ludovici.png
36 KB, 200x276
>Eugenicist
>Concerned with physical aesthetics
>Life-affirming
>Obsessed with health
>Obsessed with Nietzschean morality
>Admired Nazi Germany
>>
Socrates
-Stone mason
-Warrior
-Fertile
-Spent all day at the gym being an intellectual bully
-all of his dialogues he probably has some scrawny sophist in a headlock
>>
File: Christ the Teacher.jpg (33 KB, 277x383) Image search: [Google]
Christ the Teacher.jpg
33 KB, 277x383
Jesus of Nazareth
>>
>>7382707

Socrates was known for being ugly and built as fuck.
>>
>>7382613

He looks like Mac from always sunny
>>
>>7379802

One of the reasons for hair loss is high testosterone
>>
>>7380011

What about the high test philosophers who did in fact do that
>>
>>7382717
Jesus was a pretty boy.
>>
File: voguedegger.jpg (417 KB, 600x608) Image search: [Google]
voguedegger.jpg
417 KB, 600x608
>>7382239
source on that m8 ? sounds interesting
>>
>>7382647
Hello matt-smith-fandom.tumblr
>>
>>7379802

Yukio Mishima

Julius Evola

Jack London

All of the stoics
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.