[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i write a rape scene? Is there any example of a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1423360805700.jpg (652 KB, 591x859) Image search: [Google]
1423360805700.jpg
652 KB, 591x859
How can i write a rape scene?

Is there any example of a good scene of that kind that i can check? My protagonist gets beaten, raped, humiliated, nearly castrated and mindbroken, and i want to make it as terrible as it sounds, not some disgusting fucked up fetish fuel. Is this even possible? Should i just imply the rape like a pussy and not write it? Its supposed to have a lot to do with his psychological trauma afterwards on the story, so i thought i should write it, but at the same time i dont want it to feel edgy or forced.

Help me anons, or just tell me if you think i shouldnt even try it.
>>
>>7379733
>>>gif
>>
File: Daniil_Kharms.jpg (92 KB, 637x1024) Image search: [Google]
Daniil_Kharms.jpg
92 KB, 637x1024
make sure you keep it light. Maybe have a comic relief character like Giz the Munchkin say things like 'He's gonna feel that in the morning'. Hope this helps
>>
Be careful. How important is this rape scene for your story? Sometimes, looking away and letting the reader's imagination fill in the blanks is the best choice, but it's up to you. Watch Irreversible. And I don't think mind break can happen like it does in them doujins. Research your subject. This is something where treading in people's toes is a very bad idea. Be careful.
>>
>>7379733
Sounds cliche, your story probably sucks
>>
File: 1443034377440.jpg (57 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
1443034377440.jpg
57 KB, 500x674
>>7379750
Well i dont mind mind break like that. I mean heavy trauma, not wanting to be touched, strange tendencies, regression, agression, etc. I mean that he stops being "normal" after it and becomes seriously fucked up.

>>7379749
God no. But i laughed.
>>
>>7379761
OK. Research PTSD in rape survivors. Once you feel like you can convey it honestly, write.
>>
>>7379750
>>7379733
Pervert checking in. I jack off to the rape scene from Irreversible, and so so a lot of people it's got like 10 million views on redtube.

If you really want to write a rape scene so horrible no one gets off it it just give up now. People got off to Hogg and Babyfuck (it's awwright!)
>>
>>7380185
Well i know SOMEONE will fap to it now matter what i do. Is just that i dont want to make it sexualized, i want to make it disgusting, scary, traumatic, and the entire stuff hits too many fucked up fetishes to count.
>>
>Is this even possible?

no

>Should i just imply the rape like a pussy and not write it?

that's just being true to the concept of trauma itself. c.f Georges Perec or Christopher Isherwood etc. being explicit doesn't make u not a pussy.

ps: sounds like its bad
>>
>>7379733
How Gene Wolfe wrote it.
Make it seem like it wasn't rape at all.
Also your story is shit.
>>
>>7380344
Yeah its probably bad. I dont really care, i still have a story to tell. The rape part is just a part of it.
>>
Unless you've personally been raped or the experience you're imagining the rape as evoking is essential knowledge for your book it's best to approach it indirectly (i.e. inhabit the perspective of an onlooker, hint at a character being raped without explicitly pointing to it etc.)

Write what you know and write only what is essential.
>>
>>7380736
>Write what you know

bullshit

>write only what is essential

platitude

the rest of your post is correct
>>
File: eye roll.gif (992 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
eye roll.gif
992 KB, 500x281
>>7379733
>My protagonist gets beaten, raped, humiliated, nearly castrated and mindbroken

I'm sure your book is going to be really great.
>>
>>7380754
Welp, the story starts with humanity itself turning evil and losing all morals. The torture thing is part of it. I felt it would be cheap if the main character went without harm from all of this. Also it does change him and affects the plot later so is not gratuitous.

Then again, it is probably shit tho. But ill write it anyways.
>>
>>7380773
>man
>raped
>>
>>7380783
hilarious, please keep posting
>>
>>7379733
Build your character first, then approach it from an emotional angle.
>>
Just imply it ya dingus
>>
>>7380773 in an event horizin deleted scenes kind of horror way? Or in a redpill reddit co.plaining kind of way?
>>
>>7380947
Sorry, i do not understand the question
>>
>>7379733
go rape someone

then write about it
>>
>>7380279
Ok, do some research. Rape IS sexual. It's not only violence, and that is what specifically destructive about it. Men and women can climax during rape. They can feel pleasure. Not always, but it happens.
>>
>>7379733
Read the rape scence in the beginning of "The Insatiable Spider-Man". It's explicit but not porbographic
>>
>>7379749
i laughed pretty hard
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.