[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>beat writers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1448132884370s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448132884370s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>beat writers
>>
>>7376535
These get worse and worse as time goes on.

>>>/r/books
>>>/trash/
>>
Muh moloch
>>
>>7376535
>beat writers

With a baseball bat, please.
>>
>>7376539
>Implying that I didn't set the shit record with >prose.
>>
File: lol_cyanideandhappiness.png (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lol_cyanideandhappiness.png
7 KB, 200x200
>>7376557

not all of them. just the ones with van dyke beards, tea shades, berets and black pullovers, playing bongos and reciting "tone poetry" to a crowd of hipsters, man.

if you tried to beat Burroughs (if he was still alive), he might shoot you for lumping him in with those patchouli-stenching hippies.
>>
>>7376535
>implying Burroughs isn't one of the greatest writers of the 20th century
>>
File: old_bill.jpg (26 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
old_bill.jpg
26 KB, 400x500
>>7378343

no. i admire Burroughs and i hate to see him associated with twits like Kerouac. Old Bill was on a completely different level.

"Is there anyone in this room who has never said to himself, 'My God, I acted like an absolute shit.' If so, let him stand forth, and we will acclaim a latter day saint. Don't anyone look at me."
-- William S. Burroughs
>>
>>7376535
>tfw dad thinks Kerouac and Hunter S. are the best writers ever
>tfw pleb parents
>>
>>7378604
>tfw dad has read the meme trilogy
>says dfw is ok
>says pynchon is one of the most significant writers of the 20th century
>hasnt read delillo
>doesnt know how to pronounce "delillo"
mixed feels desu f.a.m.
>>
File: killingjesus.jpg (69 KB, 711x1080) Image search: [Google]
killingjesus.jpg
69 KB, 711x1080
>>7378604
my dad thinks Bill O' Reilly's and Ann Coulter's ghost writers are the best writers ever, if that makes you feel any better.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.