[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Page turners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1398223445263.png (65 KB, 800x826) Image search: [Google]
1398223445263.png
65 KB, 800x826
Looking for page turners, can be classics or contemporary. All genres accepted. So lit, what is the most exciting book you've read?
Ill start of with
Daemon by Suarez.
>>
>>7375943
i am also interested in this question
>>
File: 1429497722414.png (697 KB, 1135x835) Image search: [Google]
1429497722414.png
697 KB, 1135x835
sunset
>>
>>7375943
The Three Musketeers
The Dragonriders of Pern
Horns by Joe Hill
The Persian Boy
Shogun
Winter's Tale
Stargate
The City of Thieves by David Benioff

I'm sorry.
>>
>>7375943
Dune will keep one busy for a while.
>>
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was a page turner because it's funny rather than being action packed or something.
>>
>>7375943
page turners literally for all who can read this post
>The Count of Monte-Cristo by Dumas
>Lolita by Nabokov
>Olimpiade by Metastasio
>Thus Do They All, or The School for Lovers by Da Ponte
>Dune by Herbert
>The Importance of Being Earnest by Wilde
>lotr two towers and return of the king by Tolkien
>Ivanhoe by Scott
>The Leopard by di Lampedusa

not for all, but if you like reading (and/or drown your real life problems with literature) these are amazing page turners:
>Moby Dick by Melville
>Jerusalem Delivered by Tasso
>Paradise Lost by Milton
>WaP by Tolstoy
>The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevskij

Mom tier page turners (for the perfect gift):
>everything by Colleen McCullough
>The Mill on the Floss by Eliot
>everything by Trollope
>>
OP here.
I need more recomendations, preferably easier literature than Moby Dick and Tolstoj.. Im looking for easy, "mindless" fun. I.e Deaver and koontz
>>
>>
>>7375943
>>7375973
Where is VLC???? Where is popcorntime??? Where is the mention of cunny?

These do not represent /tv/ accurately.
>>
>>7376025
Lolita's only a page turner if you can get past your disgust. Dune's only a page turner sometimes, other times it's groan inducing. Catch-22 would be my recommendation.
>>
Gravity's Rainbow

I'm not meming
the most begging-to-be-read book i've ever read
>>
>>7375943
Gravity's Rainbow was hard to put down for me.
>>
>>7375943
war and peace
>>
>>7377287
>catch-22
>not groan enducing
>>
>>7377183
>preferably easier literature than Moby Dick and Tolstoj

>>>r/books
>>
>>7377183
Carl Hiaasen? I remember reading his books as a kid and thinking they were funny. I loved Vonnegut in my teens. I haven't read a page-turner, in the sense you mean, in a really long time. Dune, LOTR and the Stand get a lot of positive mentions here (only personally read LOTR and it was in middle school).

Don't listen to them about Gravity's Rainbow. It is a really entertaining, funny, incredibly creative and strange novel, and highly enjoyable. It was the most fun I've had reading a novel in a long time. But it's not a "mindless page turner" in the sense you're looking for, it's very esoteric in content.

Have you read Bukowski? Or Junky by William S. Burroughs? Both are very smart and funny and could be read on an airplane.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.