[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Without music, life would be a mistake. What exactly did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2 MB, 1956x2940) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2 MB, 1956x2940
>Without music, life would be a mistake.
What exactly did he mean by this?
>>
He meant that without music, life would be a mistake.
>>
>>7375123
drop the bass
>>
This is what middle school English teachers have wrought.
>>
HOJO TOH-OH

HOJO TOH-OH

BUMBUMDADABUUUUMBUUUM BUMDADABUUUUMBUUUUM
>>
>read his other quotes about artists
>read his other quotes about mistakes in life
>combine possible meaning
???
>profit
>>
He meant that a pregnant woman had to be around music or else she would have a miscarriage.
>>
>>7375123
I really fucking like music dude. It encapsulates the Will and Being, you know what I mean? It's like it's a primordial language, brah. Let's fucking listen to some music and unite our Will, man. Yeah.
>>
>>7375123
Human beings use sounds to express emotions.

And you need emotions to have your work done, have fun, have love, have peace and have whatever else you would want.

You wouldn't get any of those without expressing your emotions and making music.
>>
gob is dreg

t. diyoneses against the gribest
>>
I hate to say it but /lit/ really really has decreased in quality this past month, meme culture is ruining any worthwhile board and the retards revel in it
>>
>>7375445
I blame the christkeks.
>>
>>7375450
No it's just people starved for attention wanting their (You)'s.
Just look at this abortion of a thread, a normal question was asked by OP and everyone tries to out-joke each other, the next one lamer than the last.
>>
>>7375453
This thread didn't really merit any quality responses though.
>>
>>7375450
I blame you.
>>
>>7375454
Yes it does, it might get a discussion going about the importance of art, or music specifically for being a complete human.
I swear threads like these got some decent discussion in the past, but every thread I see is just people cracking jokes like they're a fucking comedian.
Nothing wrong with a joke, but it has drowned out the decent discussions
>>
>The earth has become small - and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small
So what did he mean by this? Is small the same as mundane?
>>
>>7375445
>>7375458
Stop this at once! Long have thy speech and thy species disgusted me!
Why didst thou live so long by the swamp, that thou thyself hadst to become a frog and a toad?
Floweth there not a tainted, frothy, swamp-blood in thine own veins, when thou hast thus learned to croak and revile?
>>
File: 1447331019428.jpg (85 KB, 565x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447331019428.jpg
85 KB, 565x1000
>>7375487
fucking lmao
>>
>>7375376
>emotions
>fun
>love
>peace
You lack edge.
>>
Who is the lunatic at the end of Satantango, what does he represent? God, I loved that novel...
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.