[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite fantasy book /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1434837114859.jpg (1 MB, 1680x960) Image search: [Google]
1434837114859.jpg
1 MB, 1680x960
What is your favorite fantasy book /lit/?
>>
>>7373121
The Hobbit and Wizard of Oz
>>
>>7373121
Stay in the containment thread. Also read the sticky.
>>
File: The_Holy_Bible.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
The_Holy_Bible.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
>>7373121
>>
>>7373121

Gormenghast
>>
>>7373121
a storm of swords
i'll probably get shit for this but hear me out
with SoS we get the introduction of Jaime POV chapters, by far the most interesting character in the series, and definitely the most "gray" character in terms of morality. almost every POV chapter, aside from bran, has something interesting happening (Catelyn red wedding, arya the duel between the hound and the red priest, sansa watching littelfinger push her aunt out the moon door, tyrion watching joffrey's poisoning at his wedding, etc.). the book is packed with memorable moments and interesting characters. none of the other books even come close. the last 10 chapters wrap up everyone's storyline (except theon's) and i think it works as a fitting end to the story, especially since we aren't getting a real end anytime soon, or ever.
>>
>>7373231
pleb here, what modern fantasy can be compared with Gormenghast? Thinking of reading it next
>>
>>7373258
Don't let the e/lit/ists get you down mate, I'm right there with you. From the Purple Wedding on is like a plot orgasm. You didn't even mention the epilogue, which was the single greatest moment of the series for me. As for
>it works as a fitting end to the story
I think of it more as the end of Act I of the series. The world is sufficiently explored, we see the War of the Five Kings from start to finish, the main (surviving) characters have made their beds so to speak, and it leads right into Act II (Feast and Dance) where they have to lie in them. Act III of course will be Winds and Dream were all the scattered plot lines will come together and the Others and the dragons will duke it out or whatever.
>>
>>7356764
>>
>anything but The Book of The New Sun
Smh desu senpai
>>
The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
>>
>>7373121
The King of Elfland's Daughter
>>
>>7373132
>>7374142
>>
>>7373135
kek
>>
File: Scientology 8-8008.jpg (32 KB, 304x475) Image search: [Google]
Scientology 8-8008.jpg
32 KB, 304x475
>>
The Diary of Anne Frank
>>
Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
>>
>>7373231
>Gormenghast
All 3?
>>
Vurt by Jeff Noon.
Nine Princes in Amber
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.