[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your favorite ending quote to a book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: UlyssesCover.jpg (20 KB, 374x478) Image search: [Google]
UlyssesCover.jpg
20 KB, 374x478
Whats your favorite ending quote to a book?
>>
File: tumblr_ltmpnfb8Ru1qe4by7o1_1280.jpg (142 KB, 887x1186) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltmpnfb8Ru1qe4by7o1_1280.jpg
142 KB, 887x1186
>>
>>7372738
>YES I WAS A MOUNTAIN FLOWER I SAID YES I WAS ULYSSES
Really Joyce?
>>
>>7372906
Ya I liked it
>>
Speaking of Joyce, the end of The Dead obviously.
>>
>>7372892
Poo tee weet
>>
assuming this was meant to be sarcastic

"'Yes,' I said. 'Isn't it pretty to think so?'"
>>
>>7372892
The Sun Also Rises
>>
>>7374973
didn't mean to reply //
>>
It truly was ...... an infinite jest.
>>
>>7372892
>filename
>slaughterhouse five
Hello /r/books!
>>
>>7372738
Well known, alas, is the case of the poor German who was very fond of three and who made every aspect of his life a thing of triads. He went home one evening and drank three cups of tea with three lumps of sugar in each, cut his jugular with a razor three times and scrawled with dying hand on a picture of his wife good-bye, good-bye, good-bye.
>>
Where we're standing right now, in the ruins in the dark, what we build could be anything.

I'll probably get shit for this, but this is my favorite quote full stop. It has such a nice sentiment and it's so universally applicable.
>>
>>7372892
baka desu senpai
>>
>>7372738 animal farm
>>
Put the guns into our hands and we will use them. Give us the slogans and we will turn them into realities. Sing the battle hymns and we will take them up where you left off. Not one not ten not ten thousand not a million not ten millions not a hundred millions but a billion two billions of us all the people of the world we will have the slogans and we will have the hymns and we will have the guns and we will use them and we will live. Make no mistake of it we will live. We will be alive and we will talk and talk and eat and sing and laugh and feel and love and bear our children in tranquility in security in decency in peace. You plan the wars you masters of men you plan the wars and point the way and we will point the gun.
>>
Invisible Man. Which, by the way, is one of the most overlooked masterpieces of the last century. It's up there with Ulysses and Gravitys Rainbow for sure.
>>
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
>>
>"That's the tale of Harry Potter and how he defeated Voldemort."
>>
NOW EVERYBODY-
>>
Like a dog.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.