[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the strongest argument for the existence of God? Al
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.jpg (81 KB, 426x539) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
81 KB, 426x539
What is the strongest argument for the existence of God?

Also, post Richard Dawkins getting destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKe4fshETQ4
>>
>>7372148
not /lit/
>>
>>7372148
The universe is not old enough to achieve this level of order by random chance.
>>
>>7372162
That's a terrible argument though.
>>
>>7372148
>>>>/hist/
>>>>/trash/
>>>>/pol/
>>>>/b/

Any other board desu senpai. If you actually read any transcendentalists or theology and then posed discussion then maybe it'd be different.

But you want a circle jerk. Go away.
>>
>>7372148
>What is the strongest argument for the existence of God?

The Bible.
>>
>>7372162
>order
>random chance

Any more buzzwords you wanna fit in there?
>>
>>7372187
"Evolution," could you fit it in there?
>>
>>7372148
Remember boys and girls, sage christposters, hide christposters, report christposters.
>>
>"The belief in a transcendent being conveys a genetic advantage: that couples who follow one of the three religions of the Book and maintain patriarchal values have more children than atheists or agnostics. You see less education among women, less hedonism and individualism. And to a large degree, this belief in transcendence can be passed on genetically. Conversions, or cases where people grow up to reject family values, are statistically insignificant. In the vast majority of cases, people stick with whatever metaphysical system they grow up in. That’s why atheist humanism—the basis of any ‘pluralist society’—is doomed.”

The existence of God doesn't require argument. Atheism is a temporary fluke of the last few years and will cease to exist within one or two generations.
>>
>>7372211
this
>>
test
>>
>>7372162
This is actually a good argument.
>>
1. Causuality exists
2. The universe require God
3. The universe exists
4. God Exists
5. Therefore god exists
>>
>>7372162
Awful argument
>>7372225
Be ashamed of yourself
>>
>>7372230
The amount of combinations of the universe's particles that facilitate life, compared to that of combinations that don't, is astronomically small. Therefore, considering the total entropy of the universe, and the fact that not all combinations can occur before it ends, it is very arguable that, in the 13 billion years the universe has existed, life could not have formed naturally.
>>
https://storify.com/JoshMock/dawkins-gets-bofa-d
>>
It makes me feel good.
>>
>>7372269
This, as with vegetarianism, is the only argument I will ever accept when it comes to "God".
>>
>>7372211
Maybe it's a good idea to convince most poeple in a society that some religion is true, but that's not a good argument for that religion actually being correct.
>>
>>7372285
Yes, but my point is that the correctness is of no consequence.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/his/270967
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.