[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7 books, 7 goddamn books for a nice big "fuuuuuck youuuuu"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 123.jpg (130 KB, 1063x752) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
130 KB, 1063x752
7 books, 7 goddamn books for a nice big "fuuuuuck youuuuu" at the end.

Thanks Steve
>>
>wanting a happy/satisfying ending

le happily ever after for mah readin pleasure
>>
>>7371785
I couldn't give a fuck what happened, live/die , whatever. Just fucking something
>>
>>7371791
just write in "they died" at the end of the last page

feel better?
>>
>>7371794
If only it were that easy. I would have preferred if CODA wasn't included
>>
>>7371798
life is hard
>>
>reading for plot
>>
>>7371791
I don't care what you say, nothing is as bad as the final season of dead zone.
It was nothing. Literal nothing. The climax was the absence of something happening. Six fucking seasons and the main villain pushes down a kid (the kid is completely fine) and so is everything averted. Fuck you. How much quaaludes and cocaine can one writing team go through? The character depiction and progression was great, but it was overshadowed by inconsistent in-universe laws, shoddy writing and THE FINAL FUCKING SEASON.
>>
File: 51EVxBEKg6L._SY300_.jpg (23 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
51EVxBEKg6L._SY300_.jpg
23 KB, 210x300
Should have just saved a lot of time and watched the movie
>>
>>7371813
What do you expect?

Were are in nerd utopia.
>>
What's the fuck you? I'm not going to bother to read 7 books to find out
>>
>>7371774
https://youtu.be/vvBe_7UR-Ro?t=53s
>>
>>7371813
as opposed to what? fucking english majors i swear to christ WHO CARES THAT THE WALLPAPER IS FUCKING BLUE.
>>
>>7371794
actually yeah i do now thanks ;)
>>
>>7372240
lmaoh, truuuuuuuuu
>>
>>7371774
pretty sure there's another book considered the sequel to the series because a lot of people were angry like you. which book was your favorite? mine was the wizard in the glass followed by the first then followed by the one in lud
btw i've never read the sequel so i cant say whether it has a satisfying conclusion
>>
>>7372247
The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole
>>
Everything after Wizard and Glass was goddamn awful. It was like late seasons of Friends; the characters all became 2D versions of themselves, then stopped having personality entirely. Then the shit where Dr Doom wields lightsabers and exploding snitches from Harry Potter. What the fuck. The Crimson King is just an old fucker with a box of hand grenades who literally screams "NORMIES GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY TOWER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". The biggest Deus Ex Machina since 428BC is what kills him, and not a .45 long Colt slug. If I ever see King Ill have to make the hardest moral decision that any man, real or fictional, has ever had to make: Shake his hand for writing the first four, or strangle him for the ones after.
>>
>>7372090
He spends 7 books with the single goal of reaching a tower and killing the bad guy
When he gets there he realizes hes stuck in a loop where everytime he reaches the tower he gets sent back to the start of the journey with no memory of doing it before
You basically read 7 books to have everything revert back to how it was at the start
>>
>>7372522

Just shake his hand so hard you break all his fingers.
>>
>>7372538
I think he'd succeed this time, now that he's got the horn with him.
>>
>>7371774
he literally told you not to read the end, you fucking retard.
>>
>>7372684
To be fair, you'd have to be some sort of sociopath to read 7 books and not read the ending
>>
>>7371813
>reading stephen king for anything but the plot
nobody actually does this, right?
>>
The first book felt like it was complete.
>>
>>7372840
Everything after that was honestly awful.
>>
>>7372845
like I always say, King blew his load with that first line and everything after that was his flaccid dick limply flopping around as he tried to keep jerking it, but to no avail as all involved parties were already entirely satisfied by the first sentence
>>
>reading him talking about writing the series once
>an elderly old woman writes to him
>she's loved the series so far, but she knows it's going to be long and won't live to see the end
>asks him the ending
>says he doesn't know, he really didn't

Did he do her a favor?
>>
>>7371774
The first chapter of the first book is, literally, "Restart". What did you expect, nigga?
>>
>>7373211
Kind of. If coda was left out and the book ended with him shouting the names of everyone and the tower door closing behind him, perfect ending.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.