[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1447822535624.jpg (55 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
1447822535624.jpg
55 KB, 329x500
>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough, and looked don’t-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved his wife.
>>
>>7371441
Is this real?
>>
>>7371441
>the man who wrote this made millions of dollars
>>
>>7371441
Reading this just disappointed me so much. Someone who's opinions I trust told me about his "Sandman" graphic novels. I haven't read them yet but I was looking forward to it until I read this. Now I'm scared of what Neil thinks makes a good story.
>>
File: Sanic2.png (19 KB, 870x870) Image search: [Google]
Sanic2.png
19 KB, 870x870
>>7371441
Delete this! Shadow is my original character, no stealing!
>>
>>7371507
Unfortunately, yes. Worst book I've ever read.
>>
>>7371520
Eh, don't let this turn you off to Sandman. I think Gaiman works better in comics.
>>
>>7371520

Sandman is absolutely fantastic and very literary (it draws a lot on Greek mythology)

I am also very unimpressed with his prose
>>
>>7371520
Loved Sandman, but hesitant to try his novels.
>>
>>7371520
Sandman is fucking great it's just that his prose is abysmal. Why the fuck did he not just stay in comics is beyond me, but it sure payed off for him.
>>
>>7371441
I don't really see the problem. Him being in prison is just the background to the character. It doesn't matter to the story, so he glossed over it. That's pretty fucking basic.
>>
This is one of the few books I stopped reading. Just fucking cringey. I don't even remember how the prose was. I assume terrible. Pussy monster.
>>
File: YAandGenreFiction.jpg (348 KB, 991x1287) Image search: [Google]
YAandGenreFiction.jpg
348 KB, 991x1287
There's a reason it made its way onto pic related
>>
>>7371520
I agree, fucking awful and I was so disappointed. I knew nothing about the book and thought the title was a cool metaphor, but really it's about fucking Thor.
>>
Loved Sandman. American Gods and Anansi Boys were meh tier. Coraline is a decent kids book.Just read graveyard comic book, saw it in the library, literally thought to myself " wonder about the story, just don't want to deal with the mediocre prose"
Voice of the fire by Alan Moore was brilliant. Insanes and weird, but great. Gaiman is the most overated writer ever: cringey writing based on 'edgy' occult/spiritual stuff, mostly >implying
More than he can write. And his fucking fanbase should be wiped from the face of the earth.
>>
File: stop liking what I don't like.jpg (40 KB, 387x417) Image search: [Google]
stop liking what I don't like.jpg
40 KB, 387x417
>>7371783
>if its popular its bad
>>
i liked it but then again i've read maybe two dozen books in my life voluntarily. i'm 30. i'm on the 3rd book of the expanse series and i like it also. how pleb tier am i?
>>
>>7371942
>if it's popular it isn't bad
>misspelling 'it's'
>spaces/underscores in filename
>impact text on a picture

Helllooo reddit!
>>
>>7371970
>giving a shit about apostrophes.
you're an idiot.
that picture's been around since before reddit even existed.
For fuck's sake, reddit-callers are the most obnoxious thing.
>>
rewrite that opening paragraph you fags
>>
>>7372067
DHAFOW WAZ A BIG MOTHERFUCK WHO DIDNT GIVE A CRAP SO HE FUCKED THE SHIT OUT OF HIS BITCH AND CAME IN HER WITH NO FUCKING CONDOM
>>
>>7372079
Shadow had done three muthafuckin years on lockdown. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch yo. Dude was big-ass enough, n' looked dont-fuck-with-me enough dat his freshest problem was cappin' time. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. So he kept his dirty ass up in shape, n' taught his dirty ass coin tricks, n' thought a shitload bout how tha fuck much he loved his hoe.

Just put it into gizoogle, you screech.
>>
>>7372084
Fuck you dumb retarded cunt nigger bitch faggot idiot dick piece of shit
>>
>>7372096
GASP!
>>
reading this book right now

I like it.
>>
>>7371974
You are defending /r/books here mate. There is nothing more obviously reddit you could possibly do.
>>
File: 1357652292473.png (390 KB, 321x306) Image search: [Google]
1357652292473.png
390 KB, 321x306
>>7371441
Why? Why post this over and over again? It's not really funny or anything.
Yes, I know where I am.
>>
>>7371555
>>7371556
>>7371638
>>7371726

Thank you all. Faith restored.
>>
It's genre fiction, what the fuck do you actually expect?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.