[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been published, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: drunk-guy-bar-main.jpg (33 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
drunk-guy-bar-main.jpg
33 KB, 630x420
Have you ever been published, /lit/?
>>
in a small magazine and only because the editor had a crush on me. but yes.
>>
>>7371244
publish | perish
>>
Fuck. /lit/ needs a zine, or sumthin. Tss tss.
>>
In a collection of poetry when I was 18

I had a short story I wrote for a website stolen and posted on multiple aggregation websites without my name or permission. I was about 22 or 23. Since then I don't publish my work online.
>>
>>7371255
No one has ever had a crush on you.
>>
My humanities profess seems to think I have a good chance of being published in the college humanities journal, but I know my writing is trash so I'm not sure.
>>
>>7371270
Link or gtfo.
>>
a few times in peer-reviewed academic journals
>>
>>7371244
A short story in a science fiction anthology five years ago. It was shit. I can't even reread that text anymore.
>>
>>7371270

there's ideology lit

but they rejected me so fuck em
>>
>>7372625
didn't update for a year. dead project.
>>
File: 1447695330767.jpg (44 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1447695330767.jpg
44 KB, 607x608
yeah made it all the way up to the fridge next to my brother's Impressionist drawings
>>
Well, you're talking to us now, so it should be self-evident your mother liked my work.
>>
>>7371244
Yes. Twice actually. At the age of seven and then at nine some guys went to our school and told us to submit a short story about whatever. Then every story got published in a single book.
>>
>>7371244

I've had articles printed in actual magazines and I've written reviews for a few newspapers, not to mention some of my work is on the web.

It's lousy and you guys would destroy me so don't ask
>>
>>7372640

they had a thread soliciting submissions for their first (second?) issue?

site says they're still open and paying too now
>>
Yes, without my consent. My college english teacher got one of my essays published, then told me afterwards. Really akward.
>>
>>7372728
Phil is that you
>>
>>7371244
There is a writerfag(not gasfag) in the Fantasy threads, from reading his posts, it seems that he was published several times already.
>>
>>7372750
how would you get that from such a vague post
but yes, it's me, phil
post my facebook to prove you know me
>>
>>7372750

Nope, I'm not Phil

Sorry
>>
>>7372750
Yes. I don't love you.
>>
>>7372755
fuck facebook, my wizardly powers of clairvoyance are proof enough

>>7372781
nice try I know it's you now

stay patrician friend phil

>>7372787
I don't love you either, but I can see how you could have gotten the wrong impression from that off-color masturbation joke I made when we were alone together in that cave. Sorry for that bout of autism
>>
>>7372580
Fucken Pinecone Magazine tss tss..... Fucken pitched a homerun or sumthin' tss....
>>
Been published in a few newspapers and websites including VICE.
>>
>>7372945
Can you get me in? I'd love to write for Vice.
>>
>>7374709
just make the most click bait title there is, soon they will be knocking on your door.
>>
>>7374725
"Ten Times White People Should Have Just Stopped Talking"
>>
So far I've had five short stories published, all in really small journals, and every one of them has been shit. So not really.
>>
I've co-authored five papers on fossil records of Australian marsupial extinctions and I'm working on my PhD in paleoclimate. If your asking if any creative writing I've done has been published though, the answer is no.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.