[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there ever a book that changed the way you thought or acted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: burb.jpg (14 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
burb.jpg
14 KB, 256x256
Was there ever a book that changed the way you thought or acted?
>>
>>7371096
Yes, The gOD Delusion
>>
>>7371096
HTMW -SP
TYFA -JH
>>
>>7371102
kill yourself
>>
>>7371096
The Bible by God
>>
certainly

but i don't remember which
>>
I'm fairly sure that every book I've ever read has changed me in some way or another.
Although, some changes are more noticeable than others.
>>
File: light inside broken.jpg (86 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
light inside broken.jpg
86 KB, 600x800
>>7371096
Anything by Camus and Merleau-Ponty.
>>
>>7371111
quads of truth
>>
catch 22
>>
>>7371460

I'm curious how a dark parody of WWII affected how you act or behave.
>>
>>7371096
If not then why read?
>>
American Pyscho and a lot of poetry by Lang Leav
>>
Politics of Experience RD Laing. It gave me new insight into schizophrenia and interpersonal dynamics.
>>
>>7371096
"The Painted Bird" has changed my perception of others in a rather general sense. Hopefully that doesn't sound too horrible. Obviously "The Painted Bird" is very particular in its imagery and tone, but I think it gave me a sort of rounding to my perception.
>>
I gave one of my friends a bunch of Bukowski books, and now he's gay. Or bi, actually.
>>
>>7371656
>>7371656
You aren't smart. I apologise.
>>
I think reading in general can desensitize one's mind.
>>
>>7371096
not a book but the enchiridion and other stoic works

it's the closest thing to a belief system i have
>>
>>7371107

welcome to 4chan!!!!
>>
>>7371096
All of them?
>>
How to be Idle by Tom Hodgkinson
>>
>>7371096
Yes
>>
As said...all of them?

Specifically, Notes From Underground comes to mind. Made me not indulge in neurosis as much.
>>
>>7371096
Prometheus Rising

I started it expecting totally addled druggie nonsense like the hippies I knew in college used to spew, but Wilson's approach to life is too interesting and real to ignore.
>>
>>7371096
Atlas Shrugged <(8D)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.