[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The incompetence of the American military >Blind Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: world-war-z1.jpg (205 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
world-war-z1.jpg
205 KB, 600x923
>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Why do people pretend to like this book again?
>>
>>7370125
Feral children are rad as fuck.
Stopped reading.
>>
>>7370125
Because people are varied and thus will derive enjoyment from different things, this book is one of them.
>>
>>7370125
>quislings
Made me laugh how stupid that was; people that aren't zombies attacking people as if they were.
>>
I read every word of Les Miserables carefully while subvocalizing
I read and appreciated Infinite Jest, though I think it was clunky.
I have strong opinions on the different translations of Baudelaire's Flowers of Evil
I do not go on reddit or do other le ebin n3rd things
I really liked World War Z. It's one of the few books I've read multiple times, and I still like it a lot.
>>
>>7370145
>responding with the correct answer
>>>/hm/
>>
>>7370145
I tip my fedora to you, sir.
>>
>>7370125
Zombies are an american wet dream of an apocalypse. You get to unleash all you learned from violent videogames guilt-free. This is exactly why zombie anything is popular.
>>
>>7370125
It's a fun adolescent book. It's great if you're a teenager and don't know much about the world.
>>
Jesus I remember reading that book in 7th grade and being spooked for weeks.
>>
>>7370125
the first chapter and the origins of the disease are GOAT.
>>
>>7370151
wow yeh it's almost like they have a mental disorder from da fucked up circumstances lmao
>>
>>7370367
Are you a big boy now?
>>
Although we are just funposting, does anyone know or have a decent analysis of why zombies are so popular with the American psyche? It seems to me like it communicates an unspoken lust for violence, with the zombies basically being a fantasy loophole that allows for guilt free killing, with the added bonus of being able to shoot people you might have already disliked but with none of the guilt associated with murdering a person.

From a Marxist analysis of the phenomenon one might say that the booming popularity of zombie apocalypse shit is a subconscious expression by the working class people the desire for a sudden violent end to the global capitalistic system which chokes their daily life.
>>
>>7370125

no idea. it's beyond bad.
>>
>>7372004
Do you even like zombies?
>>
>>7372011

love zombies, which is why it was so disappointing
>>
>>7372014
Then you should know that all zombie books are trash
>>
>>7372018

indeed. however, wwz just seemed to be the horrible ideas of zombie survival guide snowballed into one big illogical mess
>>
>>7370125

brooks is an insufferable cunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyb_mTpYARk
>>
>>7372052
good bantz
>>
>>7370125
Because muh "realism" and muh individualist wet dream of surviving an apocalypse using muh penis compensating devices that also shoot bullets

Which is why civilized society is an anathema to most Americans: they still think they live in some kind of frontier and worse, they sell that idea to other countries who end up buying this particularly American brand of cancer
>>
>>7370125
>>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO
Does that really happen in the book? Why?
>>
>>7372088
Wut are you talking about dood? World War Z is mostly about how different countries respond to the threat of zombies. There's very little lone badass stuff. Hell, there are whole chapters devoted to the logistics of running that kind of war.
>>
>>7372092
Why not? Zombie stories are just real world apocalypse-AUs.
>>
>>7371834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZXLHfV070M
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.