[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Aesthetic Relativism not only the cancer killing quality literature,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: rman1934l.jpg?w=320&h=274.jpg (18 KB, 320x274) Image search: [Google]
rman1934l.jpg?w=320&h=274.jpg
18 KB, 320x274
Is Aesthetic Relativism not only the cancer killing quality literature, but quality art in general?
>>
>>7368468
Yep.

We've destroyed God, nation, our characters, our genders, our families, our communities and even beauty itself. There is nothing to do but wait to be swallowed up by Hades itself.
>>
>>7368471
>beauty itself
go to bed plato
>>
>>7368468
>Aesthetics aren't relative
>>
>>7368471
>We
>identifying yourself with the Zeitgeist that much

dumb Hegelian
>>
>Aesthetic Realism
>>
File: Laughing_Marx.jpg (110 KB, 480x563) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Marx.jpg
110 KB, 480x563
>>7368471
>Thinks that history is the struggle of ideas and not the struggle of classes.
>>
>>7368546
It's neither. Hegel's is more sensible than Marx's though, for the same reason that theistic evolution is more sensible than materialist evolution - matter cannot be its own creative principle.
>>
>>7368555
This is hardcore. Please tell me you're a flat earther too.
>>
>>7368567
>hey guys I'm 15 and just read The German Ideology and I'm the most rational person on earth and have unique, complete insight into all matters of existence xD
>>
>>7368569
I was responding the evolution denying.
>>
>>7368577
He wasn't denying evolution, try reading posts until you comprehend them next time.
>>
You've created an artificially relative problem.
>>
>>7368468
The good news is that I finally got around to reading Aristotle's Poetics and can tell SJW politburo where my idea of objective criticism comes from and why feminist "criticism" is a war crime against art.
>>
>>7368536
Bookburners can't divorce their aesthetics from their politics.
>>
>>7368569
>hey guys I'm a massive poo poo head xD
>>
you aren't satisfied with the art created in 19th and 20th century?
>>
>>7368471
This but unironically m8
>>
>>7368487
Faggot whose only idea of beauty is a frappucino latte with caramel drizzle detected
>>
>>7368468
Prove how you can have any objective absolute universal statement /lit/.

Even apriori mathematical formulas are inherently reliable on the OPINION that such an internal system is a) valid and b) logical ; which may not be the case at all if we were to assume, as Hume argues "the imagination is free to consider either side", the possibility (note: just a possibility but still an irrefutable one) of an absurd or unreasonable universe, ie: a dream.

Genuinely curious how you can formulate any truth statement without an axiom/assumption/opinion.
>>
>>7368633

Could you summarise what Artistotle's ideas about objective criticism are? This sounds interesting to me, I've never read any aristotle
>>
>>7368541
Here you have it: http://wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations
>>
>>7368633

Oh and another question (I'm >>7368847), does anyone know what edition of poetics is better? I'm looking at the penguin version (translated by malcolm heath) and the oxford version (translated by sir anthony kenny), both about the same price on bookdepository. Which one should I get? this shit sounds right up my alley
>>
>>7368856
Settle it with a rowing match.
>>
>>7368864

how do i do that?
>>
>>7368468
Yes.

Somewhat related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OX77Qv66qw
>>
>>7368468
>>7368471

how about "no"
>>
Not really. I get emailed stuff like this every day. Wonderful, everything-not-going-down-the-toilet culture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw21aEIa8ZA
>>
>>7368487
It's true though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGX0_0VL06U
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.