[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of my thesis statement? In Junot Diaz’s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Junot_wao_cover[1].jpg (112 KB, 318x424) Image search: [Google]
Junot_wao_cover[1].jpg
112 KB, 318x424
What do you think of my thesis statement?

In Junot Diaz’s novel The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao Oscar’s ability to appreciate love is always growing, which makes him dismiss his past perception of love as a misinterpretation of his feelings.

My worry is that it's too simplistic, but then again I don't want to overcrowd my thesis with ideas.

I'm a senior in high school btw
>>
I wrote mine on Brief Wondrous Life, too. BHSEC?

I don't know how much that thesis gives you to work with, desu. If it were me (again) I'd pick something closer to a comprehensive lense to view the book through than a simply true statement about the narrative.

I'd give examples but desu I skimmed the book and bullshit-ed my paper so I don't remember anything.
>>
You aren't really arguing anything.
>>
>>7367730
I revamped it
In Junot Diaz’s novel The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao Oscar only realizes the true nature of love after he becomes disillusioned and forms a sense of self-awareness because love is about oneself as much as it is about the other person.

thoughts?
>>
Dude please, just follow the text does x by means of y because z pattern. It's simple but effective at creating well structured, engaging papers.
>>
>>7367847
Again, bear in mind that I remember the book vaguely as some fat kid whose family fled Trujillo, kind of magical-realism, his sister fucks some guy with pencil dick at one point

I'd say it's phrased a little better but you're trying to squeeze more life out of your thesis than it really has. Have you got a ton of prep-work invested in this thesis already? If not I'd just ditch it, it will be a struggle to find enough to say. Make an argument about how people should see the book, pick something broad that will allow you to draw evidence from all over.
>>
>>7367847
>because love is

desu your teacher will laugh at you for reading an 18 year old's opinion on what love is/should be, but go ahead. i'm sure you can still get an a if it's just constructed right
>>
>>7368209
Well when we were all 18 we said similar things with similar words and you could line up those words and their contexts and we'd be the same people :')
>>
What city are you in the teaches Oscar Wao?
>>
>>7368258
I had him sophmore year in California.
>>
>>7368258
I had him Senior in WA
>>
>>7368258
I had him in New York
>>
>>7367605
Comma after Wao then delete the comma after growing.
>>
>>7368258
Its better than Jodi Picault I guess.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140502/NEWS04/140509752&template=mobileart
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.