[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
school library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 21.jpg (10 KB, 208x251) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
10 KB, 208x251
Hi lit,
I have task: what to do to increase number of student interested in reading books from school library? Any ideas?
Pic somehow related
>>
>>7366615
Bring them here. :')
>>
>>7366615
take away their phones, guns, knives, weed, dicks, and pussies
>>
File: unf.jpg (57 KB, 611x611) Image search: [Google]
unf.jpg
57 KB, 611x611
>>7366615
>tfw my librarian of my k-8 school bought books for the library because I wanted to read them.

I don't know dude. Make like a raffle thing- everytime you check out a book you get put in a raffle and at the end of the year you get like- a big ass box of chocolate or something. I mean, I'm assuming you're a teacher or a librarian or something, because why would you otherwise care? Like, an incentive is good to get them to start, and then if you're lucky they figure out it's actually pretty cool to read.
>>
>>7366615
Have a section of books just labeled "advanced readers only." Maybe don't put it in the library proper, have it be secret. Put serious philosophy and science and fiction books there.
>>
>>7366683
maybe instead of a raffle, they can turn in the tickets for prizes, like with cookie sales- shit went fucking DOWN when cookie sale time rolled around. Girls would stab each other in the yard for a skip it.
>>
File: images_2.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images_2.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
Kids love memes
>>
>>7366615
Convince the parents to change their habits.
>>
>>7366683
>i was the only one actually reading in my library
>other kids were playing uno
>really fucking loud
>they were laughing at me for reading
>(in a library)
>now uno gives me nightmares
>those uno fuckheads
>fuck uno
>>
op here

>>7366683
>>7366743
not bad ideas, thanks Anons

>>7366701
problem is that they don't want to read at all. Some of them are reading recommended readings, very few read anything more

>>7366751
usually parents don't give a fuck about reading
>>
>>7366615
offer extra credit
>>
>>7366615

Op here again. What would you want to have in your dream library? (buying books is not a problem, competitions, prizes as well). What do you think can attracted the guys who do not read to the library?

>>7366796
lel

>>7366814
what kind of?
>>
>>7366615
Create a competitive reward system. For each book read, and depending on it's difficulty, 1-3 points are awarded. At the end of the month, the top 5 students on the leaderboard get some sort of award. Have the leaderboard out in the open so they have their names up for everyone to see. The kids will be able to feel proud and brag about their respective standings.

To confirm they're actually reading, all they have to do is write up a brief summary along with why they liked or didn't like the book.
>>
>>7366852
this is good one, thanks
>>
>>7366655
You'll have to do more than that they'll still have tv and internet.
>>
File: 1365987623561.gif (629 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1365987623561.gif
629 KB, 295x221
>>7366796
>go to town public library last week
>reading at a desk in an isolated part of the library
>sweet sweet silence
>old guy sits down with old women at a desk 10ft away
>they start practicing linguistics or how to pronounce words loudly
>sweet silence is ravaged by their disgusting hacking coughs and obtrusively loud voices
>move to table in the Young Adult section that was empty
>mother and her young daughter sit at the table I'm at and start discussing their day
>her son runs though the library and slams books down on the table
>look around for a moderately quiet place to read, walk past the doors to the childrens section and hear the cacophony within
>leave
mfw when my library is a daycare for the very old and very young
>>
>>7366935
Shit man, invest in some nice headphones so that bullshit can't phase you.
>>
sneak a couple of copies of Moorcock's "New Worlds" collections in there. hide them well.

then tell people that one of these books has a story called "Pandora's Box" where the virgin mary has sex with the Beast and she slides her vagina down on its horn.

this is how i got students to visit the library at Aquinas college in Melbourne, Australia.
>>
>>7366852

>all they have to do is write up a brief summary along with why they liked or didn't like the book.

All of that can be wikipedia'd. You need to ask some surface level interpretive questions to know that they really read it.

>why did the protagonist of Brave New World feel so isolated?

And some other questions which can't be answered by reading the plot points.
>>
Get a poster of Machiavelli with the subtitle "Readers become Rulers"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.